Thai tourists dump boxes of garbage at Swiss waterfall, netizens outraged

snoop1130

Thai tourists dump boxes of garbage at Swiss waterfall, netizens outraged

Kwaang Siripoom

post-249866-0-23662500-1458134473_thumb.

BANGKOK: Photos which appear to show litter left by a group of Thai tourists at a popular tourist attraction in Switzerland have sparked outrage among netizens.

The photos were uploaded by a user of the Thai internet forum Pantip.com who claimed the rubbish was left by a group of Thai tourists at Rhine Falls.

“This is what a Thai tour group did while travelling in Switzerland. They brought containers of sticky rice and pork with them to eat and just left them there. Looks like they also brought the habit of dropping garbage with them too”, read the post.

Three boxes of rubbish can be seen in the photos along with Thai airways baggage tags. On the side of one box you can clearly see the words ‘Product of Thailand’.

The photos have since gone viral and the actions of the unnamed tourists have been widely criticised.

The group of tourists are reported to be from Thai Life Insurance PLC, who are in Switzerland for a corporate trip.

On Tuesday, a spokesperson for Thai Life Insurance took to social media to say that employees from the company were not responsible, instead blaming the coach driver for dumping the rubbish after the group had finished eating.

However, on Wednesday a representative from D D Journey Tour Service (2001) Co.Ltd., the company which organised the tour, said the coach driver was not responsible for dropping the rubbish and that they will ask the Swiss authorities to provide CCTV footage of the area to help determine who is responsible.

post-249866-0-61159100-1458134492_thumb.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-16

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing how prim and proper the Swiss can be, and assuming the coach driver being Swiss, somehow cant see this being the driver somehow..

And sorry to say in Thailandthis MO fits, been to many tourist spots in Thailand and seen the locals just dumping stuff when finished with it

So with all things being equal, could driver have dumped this ?..yes but the higher probability sits with the tourists

Edited by Bobotie

Knowing how prim and proper the Swiss can be, and assuming the coach driver being Swiss, somehow cant see this being the driver somehow..

And sorry to say in Thailandthis MO fits, been to many tourist spots in Thailand and seen the locals just dumping stuff when finished with it

So with all things being equal, could driver have dumped this ?..yes but the higher probability sits with the tourists

The driver can be from any EU nationality i guess. Most Thai visit 7 EU countries in like 4 days. They sit in the coach ALL DAY long....And even bring their own cheap food it seems....maybe it's time for some attitude adjustment?

Not surprised. Thais in general are not aware of littering. They do it everywhere. They learn this habit from their parents and then in school. They just love littering and leaving trash behind them. Just drive around and look at the surroundings being littered with plastic bags and whatever you name it. Just go to 7/11 and buy a pen which is in plastic, then go to the cashier and she will put that pen in plastic into another plastic bag. It's a plague for ... sake.

The driver can be from any EU nationality i guess. Most Thai visit 7 EU countries in like 4 days. They sit in the coach ALL DAY long....And even bring their own cheap food it seems....maybe it's time for some attitude adjustment?

Yes the driver could, but this is not most Thais, this wasnt a tour group per se, they were on a corporate trip to that country

You don't need look far in thailand, they litter their own property & even pi55 on everything like street dogs too, well worse actually, awfully untidy race to say the least .

Luckily the real poor who energetic enough do some graft go round picking up fair bit of litter to cash in or they would be buried under it within a week.

Edited by BuckBee

Hahaha, I just knew the Thais were not going to own up to this and then halfway into the article they deny it. Too many possible outs, but they chose the wrong one.

They should have said it wasn't theirs, everybody likes eating Thai food, it could have been anyone. Throwing the blame on the driver though was a bad move. Because he can deny it,,better to blame some anonymous other people who also like eating Thai food and there would not have been any comeback.

And being a corporate group, just makes this scene so much funnier. The amount of denials and lies going all the way up the company. A big loss of face, there will be some Thais losing sleep tonight.

If they didn't do it (which I give a less than one percent chance) it still would be funny because the big bosses back in Thailand won't believe them anyway.

I wish I could witness this all firsthand. Funny stuff.

Maybe they thought it was a beautiful waterfall, but it was just missing something, and wanted to make it just like all the popular waterfalls back home.

Swiss should charge them double to look at attraction too lol, help cover the damage :-) Best place for thais is thailand, they travel badly & are unwilling engage in cultural differences hence why need pack big boxes of thai products .

Edited by BuckBee

I also find it ridiculous that they evidently have to bring their own supplies of sticky rice and grilled pork from 8,000+ km away (the tag on the carton says BKK-ZRH), otherwise they probably would starve to death, because Swiss food is oh so terrible - not.

In my building there is a garbage area with a huge plastic bin with a lid on it, and a sign in Thai and English saying Do not put trash on the floor. Put trash it in the bin.

I have seen a number of different Thai occupants put bags of rubbish in the corner of the room on the floor, as far as it is possible to get from the bin provided. Why?

It smells, it attracts insects and it looks bad. Yet they prefer to do this. Baffling.

I also find it ridiculous that they evidently have to bring their own supplies of sticky rice and grilled pork from 8,000+ km away (the tag on the carton says BKK-ZRH), otherwise they probably would starve to death, because Swiss food is oh so terrible - not.

Probably because street food carts over there don't sell sticky rice and pork at the waterfalls. If they did, the Thais wouldn't need to take their own.

What about all those foreigners needing farang food.. is that different ?

I was on a group tour with Thais to Europe - they even brought the water from Thailand...200 bottles.

Is it any more rediculous than the posts i have read on TV were the all knowing farangs are bringing back suitcases of food to Thailand from their own countries ?

What about all those foreigners needing farang food.. is that different ?

Exactly...

I was on a group tour with Thais to Europe - they even brought the water from Thailand...200 bottles.
How big where the bottles and how many in the tour group ? Edited by Bobotie

Is it any more rediculous than the posts i have read on TV were the all knowing farangs are bringing back suitcases of food to Thailand from their own countries ?

Are those farang usually on 4-day trips? I doubt it.

Edited by Misterwhisper

Probably because street food carts over there don't sell sticky rice and pork at the waterfalls. If they did, the Thais wouldn't need to take their own.

If you cannot survive on local food while on an overseas trip lasting a few days, you better should stay home. I think it's one of the great pleasures of traveling to explore and discover the local food.

Are those farang on 4-day trips?

Maybe my eyes are getting bad, or my comprehension skills are not what they should be, so could you direct me to bit in the article which mentions a 4 day trip...thanks

Are those farang on 4-day trips?

Maybe my eyes are getting bad, or my comprehension skills are not what they should be, so could you direct me to bit in the article which mentions a 4 day trip...thanks

Nitpicking. You know exactly what I mean. It was a corporate trip and I strongly doubt it lasted longer than a few days.

How big where the bottles and how many in the tour group ?
About 20 people, 1.5 liter, caused some issue with the custom in Germany

Swiss should charge them double to look at attraction too lol, help cover the damage :-) Best place for thais is thailand, they travel badly & are unwilling engage in cultural differences hence why need pack big boxes of thai products .

Bit like the whinging farangs living in Thailand you mean ?