Immigration trouble

Short background:

I've had 1 year visas for the last 12 years . The last 2 years based on retirement.

Yesterday i applied at Udon Thani Immigration for the usual 1 year extension of stay and got the stamp " application.of stay is under consideration....." and return to the office April 17th - which is sunday after songkhran......

Of course i will go there a day before the Songkhran holiday othervise i would be overstaying....

The officer had big problems with my 2 bank books . He simply didn't or couldn't understand that the 2 books were on the same account . So he saw it as i didn't have the sufficient amount for the last 3 months documented in my latest bank book. Which of course i have !!

Now to my question:

If i don't get the extension because of the officers misunderstanding, will i then have to leave the country and apply again ??? And what would be best alternative Vientiane or Sawannakhet ??

I am married in Thailand with 2 children so i could also apply for a "marriage visa"

Thank you for all good ideas...

The under consideration stamp is nothing new at Udon immigration. The under consideration stamp allows you to stay until your extension is approved. The report back date is just that it does non mean the under consideration period ends. You can go on the 18th without a problem.

If your application was accepted it will be approved.

Please take it easy and go to the Immigration first. If you've got enough money there won't be a problem at all.

And even if they try to screw you, you can easily get a one year Multiple entry visa in Sawannakhet, even without financial proof.

I fully understand how weird that sounds, but some of them just don't get their act together.

The Immigration in Sisaket just recently helped an older guy with five different bankbooks to make the impossible possible and gave him his visa.

Whatever this person will tell you, please stay calm. There might be an officer with a higher rank who can solve this issue in a second.

Best of luck. wai2.gif

• Some offices are putting retirement applications under consideration as standard practice and it is likely yours would have been even without the misunderstanding. As said already, if the application was accepted the extension will be approved.

As the office is closed on the 17th you can go on the 18th and won't have any overstay issues.

I was under the impression that with an extension of stay based on the retirement / 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank route , the extension application was normally approved at the same time of the application , which is why that type of visa extension is generally considered less hassle than an application for a visa extension based on marriage , where an under consideration stamp is considered normal practice. This is the first time ive heard of an under consideration stamp being issued with a retirement extension application .

Edited by ThaiLife

This is the first time ive heard of an under consideration stamp being issued with a retirement extension application

There is always a first time biggrin.png

It was reported in the forum for this and at least one other office.

Be happy if yours/mine still does it on the spot.

• Like 2

This is the first time ive heard of an under consideration stamp being issued with a retirement extension application

There is always a first time biggrin.png

It was reported in the forum for this and at least one other office.

Be happy if yours/mine still does it on the spot.

I'm going to try and stay happy biggrin.png but being on the never ending up's and down's of a run away Thai immigration roller coaster of the un known , makes me smile less these days sad.png

TLwai.gif

• Like 2

Today in NongKhai there will be a meeting with Immigration officers

ASAWAN HOTEL 09 00 AM

I heard many people with Non O-A etc were not informed........why i don't know.

My suggestion is

overstay issues will be explained......

anything else, will be posted by me here on TV

• Like 1

Today in NongKhai there will be a meeting with Immigration officers

ASAWAN HOTEL 09 00 AM

I heard many people with Non O-A etc were not informed........why i don't know.

My suggestion is

overstay issues will be explained......

anything else, will be posted by me here on TV

It is possible a person with OA vis has never had contact with an immigration office. They only have to make 90 day reports if they stay longer than 90 days.

Those with extension of stay based upon retirement would have made contact with one when they applied for their extension.

Left a bit early from the meeting in NongKhai with immigration (Kids issue) but the very well orginized meeting with overwhelming attendence was indeed pinpointed at the overstay issue.

NongKhai 7th in the worlds best retirement destination.!