Phuket police officer flips car after crashing into small bridge

snoop1130

Phuket police officer flips car after crashing into small bridge
Eakkapop Thongtub

post-249866-0-89707200-1458219406_thumb.

PHUKET: A Phuket police officer was hospitalised this morning (Mar 17) following a crash which saw him hit a small bridge in Rassada causing his car to flip.

Lt Chatree Waitrangsri of Phuket City Police was called at 4:30am to investigate an incident where a car had crashed into a bridge and overturned on Lak Konghsi Rd. It was reported the the driver of the vehicle had suffered only minor injuries.

Lt Chatree arrived at the scene with Kusoldharm rescue workers to find a Toyota Altis on its roof in the road.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-officer-flips-car-after-crashing-into-small-bridge-56647.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-03-17

We believe that the officer was heading toward Thepkassattri Rd when he lost control of his vehicle and crashed into the bridge. We think this happened because it was dark as there is not enough lighting in the area."

Yea sure and the car has no lights itself. So in theory you should see people crashing constantly in rural areas where there aren't any lights whatsoever.

However, the vehicle will be towed to our station and the officer will be questioned,

No CCTV check to see if he was speeding? No alcohol test? Surprise surprise.

We believe that the officer was heading toward Thepkassattri Rd when he lost control of his vehicle and crashed into the bridge. We think this happened because it was dark as there is not enough lighting in the area."

Yea sure and the car has no lights itself. So in theory you should see people crashing constantly in rural areas where there aren't any lights whatsoever.

However, the vehicle will be towed to our station and the officer will be questioned,

You don't lose control of the car because it is dark. You lose control because you are driving too fast, or drunk, or distracted, etc. Focus. I remember way way back when I was 16 and taking driver's ed classes here in the USA. The instructor hammered home that we are driving a two ton potential killing machine, and he was not shy about showing mangled car crash victims, stories of innocent pedestrians getting killed, families ripped apart etc. Today, people just hop in their car thinking purely about where they are going, talking on the phone of course, or reading text as they go.

You don't lose control of the car because it is dark. You lose control because you are driving too fast, or drunk, or distracted, etc. Focus. I remember way way back when I was 16 and taking driver's ed classes here in the USA. The instructor hammered home that we are driving a two ton potential killing machine, and he was not shy about showing mangled car crash victims, stories of innocent pedestrians getting killed, families ripped apart etc. Today, people just hop in their car thinking purely about where they are going, talking on the phone of course, or reading text as they go.

Exactly. If it's really dark and your cars headlights for some reason don't provide enough visibility then you have to go really slow. And at those speeds it would be interesting if you could flip over your car.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt about the 4:30am thing and assume he worked night shift or whatever. He's grown up and can drive any time of the day or night.

And people make mistakes, nobody is perfect. But blaming it on "it was too dark" is just not acceptable. That shifts responsibility.

Another drunken idiot in Thailand..............oh wait a minute, he is a Thai police officer. There must of been oil on the road, he never drink or drive to fast after seeing his mio noi and must be home before 5am. What a sack of SH&%!! He will be off on the sick and will not even get sacked, maybe a promotion, as he was not caught with mia noi in the car when he crashed. Give him a medal and a brand new car, maybe a BMW or Mercedes. Another small dicked BIB who will get away with almost murder, as it was lucky he did not hit another car or motorbike when he did a Dukes of Hazards!!

Yeah! i can never work that out.They turn off their lights to save the battery from draining.Has no one ever explained to them what an alternator does?I tried it once and the guy actually told me that he didn't believe me,He said that if there was such a thing then it would have been a Thai invention,and every body would have one.The frustration of trying to tell him that everybody did have one almost gave me apoplexy.I dropped the subject and had another beer.

They believe he crashed because of the dark even though hundreds made it past the bridge with the lighting. No drug test or alcohol test on this police officer! Do not arrest your own a police oath. Why hundreds made it and he did not? Drug or alcohol or both!

Driving with with lights off to save the battery and don't believe the alternator charges the battery. While get them to start the car and disconnect the battery. Put the lights on to show them alternator is where the juice comes from and the battery is only for starting the car or when the car won't start and you need the four way on etc.

Yeah! i can never work that out.They turn off their lights to save the battery from draining.Has no one ever explained to them what an alternator does?I tried it once and the guy actually told me that he didn't believe me,He said that if there was such a thing then it would have been a Thai invention,and every body would have one.The frustration of trying to tell him that everybody did have one almost gave me apoplexy.I dropped the subject and had another beer.

Sounds just as thick as many of the people in the Middle East