PM Prayut vows to minimize corruption in state agencies

webfact

PM vows to minimize corruption in state agencies

BANGKOK, 18 March 2016 (NNT) – Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has called on all government agencies to promote transparency within their organizations, affirming corruption will markedly decrease within next year.

Prime Minister Prayut presided over a seminar concerning the dissemination of accurate information to the public and the establishment of a transparent public administration system in line with the Official Information Act 1997. During his address, the premier revealed that although the law has been in use for 18 years, not many organizations are fully complying with it.

Therefore, Gen Prayut demanded that all of them make adjustments to their operations for more transparency, saying they will need to clarify their working processes and directions to public members in a bid to earn their trust and cooperation. As the government is urgently reforming the country, the Prime Minister insisted that the incidence of corruption will be brought down to the lowest level possible in 2017.

During the seminar, Gen Prayut granted plaques of honor to two agencies, namely the Provincial Electricity Authority and the Nong Khai Provincial Administration, to recognize their outstanding work in providing public information services.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-18 footer_n.gif

Translation: We will only send 10 corroupt cops from each station to inactive posts for 30 days each then when dust settles return back to there posts to go on with there corrupt operstions but in more covert way. I will vow out of this.

I would like to know how the PM will measure corruption so he can measure the decline. By its nature it is covert, I am sure officials do not send a monthly statement to the government saying how much they have stolen from the system or received.

Keeping up with the "VOWS" has become overwhelming ,

even for me, just reading the amount of them,

gives me a headache !

Not to worry! I heard he just vowed to reduce his number of vows..... maybe mistranslation.....

I would like to know how the PM will measure corruption so he can measure the decline. By its nature it is covert, I am sure officials do not send a monthly statement to the government saying how much they have stolen from the system or received.

Perhaps it is measured by the number of inactive posts per month that do NOT have to be filled; or by the number of NOT promoting inept individuals who are unqualified for their respective promotion in the first place but would usually get the post regardless because of their "financial donations".

It certainly will not be measured by the number of state officials who are convicted and - god forbid! - actually sent to jail. That would be too easy.

It will be considerably reduced when and only when they take Prime Minister Prayut seriously. This means jail time.

For who?

It should be for all caught, prosecuted and convicted.

But as a great portion will be members of the elite hiso connected can't touch above all laws section of society, who are immune, then it won't be as usual.

Small fries, the odd big fish who has upset the wrong people, lots of meaningless transfers. Usual stuff - followed by plenty of back slapping to show what a great job was done.

Unfortunately pretending doesn't count in the real world - but Thais live in their own world.

Always a more powerful message if a leader lead by example like cleaning up his own backyard.

The military is conspicuously absent from reform plans.

It is an unfortunate characteristic of poor leaders to blame everyone except themselves.

Another unfortunate characteristic being do as we say, not as we do.

Keeping up with the "VOWS" has become overwhelming ,

even for me, just reading the amount of them,

gives me a headache !

Not to worry! I heard he just vowed to reduce his number of vows..... maybe mistranslation.....

“A man cannot build a reputation on what he is going to do.” —Henry Ford