Monk on board

Gecko123

Remember those signs people hung in their vehicle rearview windows that said "Baby on Board" and were intended to get people to drive more safely around you? Those signs don't appear to have ever caught on in Thailand, and I'm wondering if there might be a marketing opportunity here which is being overlooked.

The other day I picked up three monks who were hitchhiking on Hwy 1. They climbed in the back of my pickup and I drove them about 100 kilometers in the direction they were going. Maybe it was just my imagination, but almost immediately I noticed that everyone seemed to be driving far more considerately than usual. No tailgating, no speeding, no weaving in-and-out of traffic, no bullying from behind. Could it be that when people spotted the monks, their driving behavior improved?

So I got to thinking, would a "Monk on Board" sign help you arrive safely? How about "Teenage Expectant Mother on Board"? Would "Puu Yai on Board" or "Farang Teacher on Board" work?

Anyone have any ideas which might catch on or at least get a laugh?

Edited by Gecko123

Stupid Farang on board that is asked not only to take four guys to their destination but will discover when he gets there that the temple that they are going to is actually one kilometre up the dirt road there, which actually turns out to be 6 kilometres and gets asked for ฿200. Each. Happened to me. I won't do it again.

Stupid Farang on board that is asked not only to take four guys to their destination but will discover when he gets there that the temple that they are going to is actually one kilometre up the dirt road there, which actually turns out to be 6 kilometres and gets asked for ฿200. Each. Happened to me. I won't do it again.

I didn't take them anywhere out of my way. When I stopped to let them off, the leader started asking me if I could take them to Kan Buri, letting me know that they had no money for gas. I told them that was not going to happen, if for no other reason I had no idea where Kan Buri was.Was this shorthand for Kanchanburi or maybe Chantaburi? I just looked Kan Buri on Google maps. South of Suphan Buri, East of Bangkok. There were only 3 monks, not 4. Tell me again why I was stupid?

Edited by Gecko123

"Chicks with dicks"

There seems to be a lot of fascination on this board regarding transsexuals, in particular to the male to female transition.

I wonder why that is?

You never see the comments about guys with vaginas, it's always about chicks with dicks, again, I wonder why ?

I feel a thread coming on. 55555