A Laser printer which I don't have to hunt for replacement cartridge.

Thailand J

Most people would prefer to buy "compatible" cartridges rather than new official ones as they are usually much cheaper. Sometimes this involves swapping your used cartridge for a refilled (and re-chipped) one.

I dont quite see why you have to wait until the old cartridge is empty before buying a new one though. Surely having one to hand would avoid the problem of shops being closed or out of stock?

I have the cheapest Samsung black laser printer for which I have no trouble finding cartridges, and I keep a spare in a cupboard. Brother are also easy.

Yes I have a "compatible" cartridge I keep as a spare, and buy another when the spare is used, have a 'Brothers laser'

Edit: if your still looking, think about do you need photo copies ? or need paper documents/ things copied to your hard drive ?

get a Laser with copier. Wait or look out for 'Sale' Promotions my Brothers Multi function Laser cost 2,220 baht. so half list price 3 odd years ago....

Note even a Mono black only, copies to PC in colour so if I need a colour copy at some stage can always go into the print shop [myself have a USB stick, which I put anything on and take to print shop]

"compatible" cartridge for my Brothers a couple of weeks ago was 355 baht.

Edited by ignis

Very satisfied with my Brother laser H-2130. Have now for several years, no problems, cartridge readily available at Office Depot, forgot price but thought very reasonable. Laser cartridge refills have not worked well for me and have not tried "compatible" for this printer.

Very satisfied with my Brother laser H-2130. Have now for several years, no problems, cartridge readily available at Office Depot, forgot price but thought very reasonable. Laser cartridge refills have not worked well for me and have not tried "compatible" for this printer.

My "compatible" no problems at all

post-42643-0-30936000-1458357816_thumb.j

Had many a laser printer. Presently a Canon LBP50. Would never buy another one. Eats Ink, Jams paper endlessly. Spends most of its life "initialising". Replacement genuine cartridges stupidly expensive.. ie 2500B Difficult to rechip to use fake ink. Don't know about here but in the Uk replacing the genuine cartridges is more expensive than buying a new printer. Would stick with Brother.

Have a B/W Brother DCP-1510 printer/copy/scanner (3000 Baht).

The factory supplied cartridge could not be refilled.

Buy a new/other one for 1000 which is now refillable for 300 Baht.

Lasts LOOONG.

Close to zero problems compared to that bloody HP color ink printer bah.gif

Prints when you need it independent from how long it was unused.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yeah, I dumped ink jet printers for a good reliable laser printer a couple of years ago. I bought a Samsung ML-2160 series laser printer. It has never given me a single problem, unlike the ink jet printers that always were nothing but trouble.

Ok, fair enough, I do not do a lot of printing, but I do need a functional issue free printer when I need to print something. Ink jets did not provide the issue free functioning I needed, but the Samsung laser does.