india visa

hello,

i m a german citizen and want to apply for an india visa in thailand,

does anybody know for how long they give the visa and how many entries?

how much does it cost and what is required?

thanks a lot

If you are just planning one trip to India, you can get an e-Tourist visa online. This is also OK for a short business trip.

See https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

As an added benefit, there are separate lines for the e-visas (at least in Bangalore) on entry, so it can actually save some time at immigration compared to having an actual visa.

• 3 weeks later...

The Indian consulate in Bangkok is refusing to process visas unless you can prove that you live in Thailand (i.e non-immigrant visa). This started about mid 2015 so you might want to have a look.

Kurt

As to the e-visa, note that it's not available at all airports and that some folks have problems getting online payment through.

I've never had issues with payments for the e-visa but it may help to have a real credit card and not a debit card.

Kurt

• 2 weeks later...

Just an added note.. I was able to DHL my passport to the Houston embassy and apply for a rush 10 year visa which was processed in about 10 days.

Kurt

hi kurt, that sounds interesting, is the houston embassy still doing this? what are the conditions, costs? and i guess it is a multiple entry visa..

If time is a factor and the Indian Embassy in Bangkok is being difficult, it may be worthwhile contacting their embassy at your country (even without sending the passport). Not sure if its a standard procedure (probably not), but worked a couple of times. Another option, in case your trip and the visa sought are business oriented is to ask for on the spot meeting with someone from their commercial/economic wing in Bangkok - were very helpful sorting some issues.

Edited by Morch