Ret. Visa Details: Mult. Entry, Conv. To Nib, Bio.

I am preparing to apply for a retirement visa through the LA consulate and have 3 questions on how it works. In my case, I'm interested in taking a long break, travelling around the region and then probably finding a job in Thailand. I have three questions related to this:

1. COMING AND GOING: Say, after coming to Thailand, I wish to visit Angkor or Luang Prabang. How does this effect my O-A Visa? Do I have to apply all over again? How does this related to my reporting to the Immigration Dept.?

2. CONVERTING TO AN NIB VISA: Suppose after "retiring" for six months to a year, I'm offered a job and wish to take up employment in Thailand. What steps need to be taken for me to convert my O-A/Retirement Visa to a Non-Immigrant B visa that will allow me to work? (Is this something I can still do under the new visa rules on a trip say to Singapore or Hong Kong?).

3. PERSONAL DATA SHEET: The Visa requirements include a personal data sheet or biography form, but I don't see it anywhere on the web pages I've looked at (Foreign Min., Thai Emb. DC, Thai Consulate, LA). What is this?

Thanks in advance for any help or comments, esp. to Dr. PP. I'm really grateful for all of the feedback I've received through the thai expat forum!!!

I am preparing to apply for a retirement visa through the LA consulate and have 3 questions on how it works. In my case, I'm interested in taking a long break, travelling around the region and then probably finding a job in Thailand. I have three questions related to this:

1. COMING AND GOING: Say, after coming to Thailand, I wish to visit Angkor or Luang Prabang. How does this effect my O-A Visa? Do I have to apply all over again? How does this related to my reporting to the Immigration Dept.?

2. CONVERTING TO AN NIB VISA: Suppose after "retiring" for six months to a year, I'm offered a job and wish to take up employment in Thailand. What steps need to be taken for me to convert my O-A/Retirement Visa to a Non-Immigrant B visa that will allow me to work? (Is this something I can still do under the new visa rules on a trip say to Singapore or Hong Kong?).

3. PERSONAL DATA SHEET: The Visa requirements include a personal data sheet or biography form, but I don't see it anywhere on the web pages I've looked at (Foreign Min., Thai Emb. DC, Thai Consulate, LA). What is this?

Thanks in advance for any help or comments, esp. to Dr. PP. I'm really grateful for all of the feedback I've received through the thai expat forum!!!

Alas... you either retire or work in Thailand. Retirement means retirement.

Alas... you either retire or work in Thailand. Retirement means retirement.

A foray into the workforce requires a whole new application for a B visa.

1. You are free to travel but you need to have a re-entry permit first. Believe they may have a multi entry type OA issued overseas by some reports that would not require this the first year but am not sure on that and you should ask immigration if not absolutely sure as you don't want to have to start process over.

2. You would need to have a job offer with work permit to be provided but could exit, obtain B visa and return in a couple of days. That would be the end of your retirement visa.

3. For marriage visa this is a Thai only bio data type sheet that is filled out at immigration during interview. Retirement visa is probably the same type thing.