Changes at Suvarnabhumi?

pgs

This is from traveller.com.au on 19 March 2016. Can anyone verify it? If it is true, what are the eating options there now?

TERMINAL FACILITIES

Passengers using Bangkok airport need to be aware there is no longer any central foodcourt or seating area. Each wing of the airport contains a few catering concessions, some with as few as six stools, some with no tables, with people wanting to eat different food unable to sit together.

Wi-Fi is theoretically available throughout the terminal, but in practice one has to make a purchase, then log onto a vendor's site, which then times the Wi-Fi. There are no showers, pay-in lounges for the comfort of long-haul transfer passengers, nor anywhere to put one's feet up.

Long walkways to departure gates have parallel rigid seats, but none in which people may sit facing each other and no tables for a laptop or reading material. At the gate lounges there is very limited seating for the elderly or disabled, but everyone else has to stand until boarding.

If an overnight break in Bangkok is supposed to leave one refreshed and relaxed for the onward flight, its airport seems designed to leave passengers tired and determined not to return.

Elizabeth Morris, Elsternwick, VIC

Was there ever a food-court at Swampy international? (there was in domestic)

Plenty of seating at the gates but not much elsewhere.

Free WiFi works OK.

Food outlets from Burger King upwards.

Was she talking about Swampy or DMK.

Free WiFi works OK.

The level below check-in had a food court with plenty of shops.

Free WiFi works OK.

Well... depends. Last time I flew out from Suwa in late January wifi coverage was broken in a large section of the departure floor after check-in.

Connect to wifi OK but can't go anywhere after this.

The ladies at the information desk told me that it had been like this for a couple of days already.

I had to walk to the other end of the airport, opposite of my gate to find a place where wifi was working.

The letter doesn't really make much sense if it is meant to refer to Suvarnabhumi. It seems to be written by someone who didn't look very hard.

There is a proper low cost food court in the basement, and there is also a sort of food court below departures (airside) which might be where she went, as well as all the restaurants before departures. Maybe they want to select food for a group from different outlets and eat it together at one table somewhere. Most people would simply agree on one outlet and eat together. Plenty of food outlets before and after departures with seating for more than six people.

Louis' Tavern have paid lounges accessible with Priority Pass, some with shower facilities. There are massage type chairs located in quieter areas of the airport but not always obvious.

I don't understand the weird comment about seating at departure gates as clearly there is seating... unless she expected seating on the Jet Bridge...

My thought too: "Bangkok Airport", never mentioned which one.

Might fit grumpy old Don Mueang international terminal/gates?

Make a purchase for free WiFi???

I doubt that such change would not have made it here before.

Free WiFi works OK.

There is/was a section with Dairy Queen, Pizza Company and a few others right at one end. I took it to be this part being removed - who knows why, it's always packed.

Eating options?

Landslide overpriced restaurants on 3rd floor.

Food court basement level.

Plenty of fast food airside.

Airside 3rd floor concourses many rest areas with lounge chairs.

Who ever wrote this has no clue.

Nearby walking tunnel to Novotel has excellent dinner buffet starting 18h at 1050 THB

• 3 weeks later...

Archived