Anyone know a decent (safe) minibus driver in CM?

Blue Muton

Hi, I have visitors from the UK next month and we want to spend a few days in and around CM. They want to fly as it's an all day drive from my home. I don't fancy hiring a car so we'll need to hire a minibus & driver. Can any of you locals recommend someone reliable please? They don't have to speak English as my wife speaks decent Thai (as she is Thai).

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I know one I have used a lot and before for years he drove my daughter to and from school.

His name is Prapan, phone number 0813864509.

Great, thanks we'll give him a call.

Thanks again, he was not available when we called and unfortunately we had already booked by the time he called back.

I would highly recommend my former driver who now drives a minibus for rent

Good guy speak English, new minibus

Call Papa 0801253708

Thanks for the recommendation.

We called this guy and booked him.

For anyone else looking, we hired them for three days, travelling around the CM district. On the first day we had "Papa" then one of his brothers. Both of them were very pleasant and more importantly both were good drivers, keeping at appropriate speeds and distances and not reacting to any bad driving by others. Cost was 1,800 THB / day plus diesel, which I thought was reasonable. Apparently they have twelve vans driven by two generations of their family. Both of the vans that we traveled in were clean, looked new and seemed well maintained.

Call Papa 0801253708

For anyone else looking, we hired them for three days, travelling around the CM district. On the first day we had "Papa" then one of his brothers. Both of them were very pleasant and more importantly both were good drivers, keeping at appropriate speeds and distances and not reacting to any bad driving by others. Cost was 1,800 THB / day plus diesel, which I thought was reasonable. Apparently they have twelve vans driven by two generations of their family. Both of the vans that we traveled in were clean, looked new and seemed well maintained.

Thanks for relating your good experience. Probably pissed a few people off.thumbsup.gif

Call Papa 0801253708

Thanks for relating your good experience. Probably pissed a few people off.thumbsup.gif

you just go and enjoy your 'safe' minibus trip and enjoy your smug little smile whilst you view the road through your rose coloured glasses

Call Papa 0801253708

you just go and enjoy your 'safe' minibus trip and enjoy your smug little smile whilst you view the road through your rose coloured glasses

Well there is one you have pissed off. clap2.gif

Nexttongue.png

Archived