Child Support Letter

Admin - please feel free to move to the correct forum (I checked but was unable to find one that was suitable for my question)

Need help / advice.

My wife and her daughter (from her previous marriage) currently live with me in Qatar and have done for the last seven (8) years.

Before she was allowed to leave Thailand we had to get official permission for her to leave Thailand this was arranged between her mother and father without any problem.

I now have an issue as my Company has decided to ask for paperwork that states my wife is the only person who provides financial security for her and not her father, this is because she is not formally adopted (currently in process a long story)!

Question: Is it possible to arrange a letter via a Thai solicitor to witnessed her father make a sworn statement quoting that he provides no financial support to his daughter.

Has anyone any experience with this type of issue

Thanks

Believe only your company can answer your question - it will be up to them as to what they will accept. I suspect they would require that it be translated and then legalized by recording with Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Actually I would think the company could take your wife's legal statement on that - but suspect they have there head - - - in western legal system of required support payments.

I have been down this road with my stepdaughter. My wife got a letter from her local Amphora stating that she was the sole guardian for her daughter. This was then stampedestampede by the Amphor, translated into English and certified by the MFA. This is accepted by most countries as sufficient to allow the child entry. Otherwise you shall have to get a Court Order stating sole guardianship which is probably a lengthy and expensive process.