air conditioning, what is needed for diy

Already spent 10,000 Baht, on having my air conditioner in the car repaired, 2 separate shops, just seams as though fill up with gas, which last's around a month.

What would be required to re gas the system myself, if and when I needed to.

On short trips around town, no problem, but on taking a 2000 KM trip, things can get a little warm.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tom

Source a bottle of leak detector. It is added to the system, then charged with refridgerant. Many times a flourescent green color. Drive for a while and the leak is easy to see. DIY you would need - possibly - a vacuum pump to remove all air from system before recharging. The refridgerant. Gauges - both Low and High side (usually red and blue). But find the leak first - take it to the shop and show them where it is. Could be pump seals. Doubt if evaporator or condensor as it would not hold charge for a month. I know a good place in CNX if you are close by.

Source a bottle of leak detector. It is added to the system, then charged with refridgerant. Many times a flourescent green color. Drive for a while and the leak is easy to see. DIY you would need - possibly - a vacuum pump to remove all air from system before recharging. The refridgerant. Gauges - both Low and High side (usually red and blue). But find the leak first - take it to the shop and show them where it is. Could be pump seals. Doubt if evaporator or condensor as it would not hold charge for a month. I know a good place in CNX if you are close by.

Where is CNX? all I know is that is the code for Chiang Mai Airport. I am looking for a reputable garage for air conditioner work in Bangkok. Thanks.

Over the years I have had many leaks in older cars, always the a/con mechanics just top up the gas, I have never in 18 years seen anyone use a gas leak detector in Thailand. Does anyone in Chiang Mai have such an instrument?

The guy in North Park changed our Heat Exchanger and all has been ok since. Changing the compresser woold be a good place to start ...hot today isn't it

North Parkbis not far from Ngam Wong Wan Mall