Non immigrant 'O' visa

What is the permitted to stay until date stamped on your passport when you entered? You can not stay longer than that.

If 90 days or less you must exit country.

If more than 90 days you do not need to exit country but must report your address to immigration every 90 days until you do exit.

Is the non imm "O" visa a multiple entry visa? -- if so you must leave every 90 days.

Just as a matter of interest and of possible assistance to others, if the visa is multiple entry, where was it obtained and what were the conditions associated with its issue.

You can do a report every 90 day or if you exit Thailand the 90 day clock starts again.

?

Yes another stupid post from me. Sometimes join dots that are not there. Assumed the OP was on 12 month permission of stay. The op hopefully will state exactly on what basis he is staying in Thailand. If he does in fact have a 12 month stay, then can either obtain multiple reentry permit and exit prior to 90 day or report

• If you have a non 'O' visa you must leave the country every 90 days.
  • If you have a 1 year extension of stay granted by an immigration office you can report to Jomtien every 90 days.

is it not about time this leaving the country every 90 days should be changed, to the same as a 1 year extension

I find the whole system of visa,s very confusing surely a simpler system would be better all round.can you explain

how you can get 1 year extension.

• If you have a 1 year extension of stay granted by an immigration office you can report to Jomtien every 90 days.

is it not about time this leaving the country every 90 days should be changed, to the same as a 1 year extension

I find the whole system of visa,s very confusing surely a simpler system would be better all round.can you explain

• You need to be over 50 and enter the country with a non immigrant 'O' visa that grants a 90 day permit to stay. (note: I am ignoring the non 'O-A' for simplicity)
  • During the last 30 days of the 90 you go to the local immigration office to apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement (over 50).
  • You need 800K in a Thai bank for at least 60 days before applying OR an income (certified by your embassy) of 65K pm OR a combination of the two.

If you have not entered the country with a non immigrant visa you can leave, get one from a Thai embassy/consulate in a neighbouring country, and re-enter. Vientiane, Laos being the popular choice. You need to show the 800K in your bank on the day you apply or the income/combination. You are granted 90 days on re-entery and apply for the extension as above.

OR

You can apply to convert your tourist visa/exempt entry to a non immigrant entry. That requires at least 15 days left of you stay and requires two visits to immigration (maybe/probably Bangkok). After the second visit you have the non immigrant visa/entry needed and 60 days later you visit your local office and apply for an extension of stay as above.

Yes I appreciate things can be confusing, but visas to enter the country and extensions of stay are two separate things.

If you provide information about your current entry and plans you can be advised more.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

• You need to be over 50 and enter the country with a non immigrant 'O' visa that grants a 90 day permit to stay. (note: I am ignoring the non 'O-A' for simplicity)
  • During the last 30 days of the 90 you go to the local immigration office to apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement (over 50).
  • You need 800K in a Thai bank for at least 60 days before applying OR an income (certified by your embassy) of 65K pm OR a combination of the two.

If you have not entered the country with a non immigrant visa you can leave, get one from a Thai embassy/consulate in a neighbouring country, and re-enter. Vientiane, Laos being the popular choice. You need to show the 800K in your bank on the day you apply or the income/combination. You are granted 90 days on re-entery and apply for the extension as above.

OR

You can apply to convert your tourist visa/exempt entry to a non immigrant entry. That requires at least 15 days left of you stay and requires two visits to immigration (maybe/probably Bangkok). After the second visit you have the non immigrant visa/entry needed and 60 days later you visit your local office and apply for an extension of stay as above.

Yes I appreciate things can be confusing, but visas to enter the country and extensions of stay are two separate things.

If you provide information about your current entry and plans you can be advised more.

Thank you Sir perfect could not be any clearer

• Like 1