Foreign tourist claims he was robbed at knifepoint minutes after arrival in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

Foreign tourist claims he was robbed at knifepoint minutes after arrival in Pattaya

Thaivisa Reporters

post-137452-0-48734200-1458555390_thumb.

PATTAYA:-- A young tourist had been in Pattaya only a matter of minutes as he was robbed at knifepoint opposite the bus station losing some 90,000 baht in cash, reports Thaivisa News.

Ahmad Rasouli, 29, from Iran told police he had arrived on a bus from Bangkok in the middle of the night, crossed the road to find his hotel and been threatened by two men on a motorcycle.

They squeezed his throat and put a knife to his jugular, he claimed, as they took the cash and sped off into the North Pattaya night. However, police are unsure that the tourist is telling the truth as investigations continue.

The drama unfolded on Pattaya North Road opposite a branch of the Thanachart Bank. Speaking through an interpreter, Mr Rasouli said he had just alighted from a bus when he crossed the road and was accosted by two men who said they would give him a lift. However, they swiftly produced a knife, waved it around his neck and stole 2,500 dollars in cash from the frightened tourist.

Investigators were suspicious of the man's claims however as other property such as a mobile phone and a watch were not taken. An investigating team was sent to the area of the alleged robbery but no witnesses could be found.

Police are hoping that a study of CCTV in the area will reveal what actually happened.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-21

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking through an interpreter, Mr Rasouli said he had just alighted from a bus when he crossed the road and was accosted by two men who said they would give him a lift.

It seems as if he cannot understand Thai yet he understood that the two men offered him a lift t!!

Investigators were suspicious of the man's claims however as other property such as a mobile phone and a watch were not taken. An investigating team was sent to the area of the alleged robbery but no witnesses could be found.

Police are hoping that a study of CCTV in the area will reveal what actually happened.

Perhaps a trifle over active imagination perhaps.

oh oh another one trying it on it would seem, so far anyway, where did he have the money ? he still has the bag ,

2 guys on a moto cycle would give him a lift, well if the story is true they sure lifted him no problem, coffee1.gif

Edited by excalibur2000

Merlyhighground post # 3.

^ Excellent detective work Sherlock. There is a future for you sitting at that table on Walking Street in a silly uniform as a Bat Belt wearing TPV yet......

Excellent advice I shall follow the example you set by observing other peoples posts and deducing where thay come from and what they do.

I have not been near Pattaya for some 20+ years let alone walking street either.Let alone wear a uniform or a hat.

Your powers of deduction like your intellect are certainly as your post proves very flawed

"Hello Dah..Dee!!, You will not believe what has transpired...I was set upon by infidel non-believers the moment I set foot in this sinful place...Please send me more money...many contemptuous Western Union money lenders are available.......!!!

This is the perfect thaivisa story.

Will it be the thieving, lazy, drug addict Thais with bad parents OR will it be the lying Middle eastern insurance scammer, who doesn't drink alcohol and support the bars?

Let the bashing begin!!!!!!

This is the perfect thaivisa story.

Will it be the thieving, lazy, drug addict Thais with bad parents OR will it be the lying Middle eastern insurance scammer, who doesn't drink alcohol and support the bars?

Let the bashing begin!!!!!!

Bashing is just a silly buzz word used way to much on this forum,

mostly by the Pc brigade who just cant stand the truth. coffee1.gif

From personal experience I have never met an Iranian that was not polite, courteous and basically honest.

If you know anything about people, you should know that Iranians are not Arabs, they take offence at this confusion. They are mostly Persians.

I find the details strange due to several factors, just took the money (maybe iPhones /Samsung are not worth the bother, unlocking passwords etc FBI are having trouble with that ! ) Ability to sort of communicate with his attackers.

Attackers found the right guy with 2,500 US in his bag...was that by chance ? Serious muggers Chock Dee...

A random selection of even most foreigners would have resulted in a fraction of that amount in the wallet.

The real Sherlock would be confused, but the TV sleuths will all have their take / verdict on this.

If there is an insurance company that insures against loss of cash, please let me know the company name. Thanks.

goWalkabout have insured me for loss of up to £250. Not much because it's a really basic cheap policy that I just got for medical insurance.

This sort thing does happen in Thailand unsure about this person but it does happen ...

Also something similar happened two weeks ago ?

Two tourists were robbed by motorbike early this week. It happened on a busy street late at night while people were enjoying the nightlife.

The incident occurred at 1:00am early Tuesday morning. The tourists, from China, were on the second day of their holiday. They were walking along Nova Suite Hotel, located in Central Pattaya.

Two young men drove by on a motorbike and grabbed a gold necklace from the neck of Mr. Song. The robbers quickly fled the scene with his possession. The 31-year old Chinese man told police the object is valued at 60,000 baht.

The culprits appeared to be between the age of eighteen and 25. Police are still searching for the suspected robbers. Hotel staff is reviewing CCTV for any clues to the criminals’ whereabouts.

Edited by Nicolas32

Iranian Robbed In North Pattaya

%E0%B8%9D%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B9%88%E0%

PATTAYA: -- At 3:30am on Monday, March 21st, an Iranian man reported being robbed. He was visiting from Bangkok and claimed two people on a motorbike stole his cash.

Early Monday morning, Mr. Ahmad Rasouli had taken a bus from Bangkok to Pattaya. As he was crossing the street on North Pattaya Road to look for a hotel, a motorbike with two men pulled up beside him.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/222223/iranian-robbed-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-03-22

Investigators were suspicious of the man's claims however as other property such as a mobile phone and a watch were not taken

If the robbers scored 90,000 baht in cash, they won't waste time with a mobile and a watch, if they are smart. On the other hand: smart robbers in Pattaya - very rare.

facepalm.gif

Why do people on here state what happened when they cannot know?

Sure he could be lying and sure it could easily be true.

Someone ALONE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT in Dodge City

is an easy target.

I wonder where his money was.....wallet? Envelope?

I tend on balance to believe him.

I hope there is CCTV.

Why would they need to take his watch & bag if they had just "hit the jackpot" with 90,000 baht

Cut the guy some slack all you "Bar Stool" detectives.....he just may just be telling the truth

In case your not aware.......Iran has some wealthy people

Innocent until proven guilty ......comes to mind

Why would they need to take his watch & bag if they had just "hit the jackpot" with 90,000 baht

Cut the guy some slack all you "Bar Stool" detectives.....he just may just be telling the truth

In case your not aware.......Iran has some wealthy people

Innocent until proven guilty ......comes to mind

And I don't think Pattaya is known for its upstanding residents...