Foreign tourist claims he was robbed at knifepoint minutes after arrival in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

This is the perfect thaivisa story.

Will it be the thieving, lazy, drug addict Thais with bad parents OR will it be the lying Middle eastern insurance scammer, who doesn't drink alcohol and support the bars?

Let the bashing begin!!!!!!

ร.ร.

Bashing is just a silly buzz word used way to much on this forum,

mostly by the Pc brigade who just cant stand the truth. coffee1.gif

So you aren't sure then? Maybe it was the prawn munching Chinese? The German sausage maker? The Thai ladyboy? The Russian mafia?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What bus arrives from Bangkok in the middle of the night?

The bus where the driver may have stopped for a sleep......instead of doing it while he is still driving....as some try to

And fail

Sarcasm aside, what bus arrives from Bangkok in the middle of the night? Checked the bus schedule for buses leaving Morchit and Ekamai; The last bus leaves 7:30 pm. from both stations. 4 1/2 hours to get to Pattaya in non-rush hour?? Maybe he ran out of money and looking for a cash infusion from back home . Who knows! True anything is possible but I would be suspicious too of his story.

Now your talking.....this is "real detective" work

From personal experience I have never met an Iranian that was not polite, courteous and basically honest.

If you know anything about people, you should know that Iranians are not Arabs, they take offence at this confusion. They are mostly Persians.

I find the details strange due to several factors, just took the money (maybe iPhones /Samsung are not worth the bother, unlocking passwords etc FBI are having trouble with that ! ) Ability to sort of communicate with his attackers.

Attackers found the right guy with 2,500 US in his bag...was that by chance ? Serious muggers Chock Dee...

A random selection of even most foreigners would have resulted in a fraction of that amount in the wallet.

The real Sherlock would be confused, but the TV sleuths will all have their take / verdict on this.

Arabs take big offence if you called them Persians.mellow.png

Robbers do frequent the bus stations and if this lad was seen taking large amounts out of an ATM, he may have been followed. Its not unheard of but then again, the insurance scam has been making the news lately and Pattaya seems to attract the criminal element.

Please advise which ATM at the Pattaya Bus station lets you withdraw 90,000 THB in one go. (or better yet US$, which is what I understand he actually had stolen) I will find that very convenient at times. Thanks.

Anyway, a nice young boy like that should be grateful that he will not have any money to fritter away on all the wicked temptations that Pattaya has to offer.

Even Charley Sheen would be happy to party with 2.5kUS$ in Pattaya (allegedly).

It would seem like an insurance scam.But please advise me.Is there or would there be a clause about the insured putting himself in a dangerous situation.Surely most of today's insurance company's are aware of Thailand's death record concerning its visitors. I would have thought that a clause would be included that would invalidate any claims,if it was found that the insured knowingly and purposely put himself in a situation where he was aware of the possibilities of violent crime in that area.

Sounds a reasonable idea to me.

But then what do i know?

I know that the insurance company's will lose thousands if they don't tighten up on situations like this.I think a company rep should make a few visits to these places.