American tourist found dead in Chiang Mai

webfact

American tourist found dead in Chiang Mai
Thaivisa Reporters

acm.jpg
Image: Thairath.co.th

CHIANG MAI: -- An American man was found dead in the bathroom of his rented condominium room in Chiang Mai on Monday afternoon, reports Thaivisa News.

Officers from Chang Phueak Police station and rescue workers were called to the condominium in Mueang district just after 2pm on Monday.

At the scene they found the body Mr David Bluler, 66, slumped over the toilet.

Preliminary investigations found that the victim had been dead for approximately three hours.

A search of the room found no signs of forced entry and there were no injuries or signs of violence on the victim’s body.

Police noted that all the windows in the man’s room were open and the air conditioning had been turned off.

Police concluded that the man collapsed and died due to heat stroke from the extreme hot weather affecting large parts of Thailand currently.

Officers also checked CCTV of the building, where the victim was last seen returning to his room at 1am the previous night.

The man’s body has been sent to Maharaj Nakorn hospital for post mortem to establish an official cause of death.

Officials from the US embassy have also been informed.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-22

"the victim was last seen returning to his room at 1am the previous night."

Perhaps some alcohol the evening before and then a heart attack whilst straining on the loo?

RIP.

Death due to heat.

This was the same excuse police used in the death of a Dutch guy in prachuab khiri khan yesterday.

I'm sure we'll see many more similar excuses between now and rainy season

Like when they found 2 Swedish guys dead on the floor,in Mae Jo quite

a while ago, verdict from the police, Hypothermia well it makes a change

as it was in December.

regards worgeordie

Death due to heat.

This was the same excuse police used in the death of a Dutch guy in prachuab khiri khan yesterday.

I'm sure we'll see many more similar excuses between now and rainy season

Like when they found 2 Swedish guys dead on the floor,in Mae Jo quite

a while ago, verdict from the police, Hypothermia well it makes a change

as it was in December.

regards worgeordie

Hypothermia for Swedish guys in Thailand... they must be joking as the quicksilver was still north of 0.

Just to compare us Swedish people an Thais: In Sweden we shower in the morning before going to work even if it's -30 degrees, here in Thailand many people don't shower at all if it's below +20 degrees because it's to cold...

Its not that hot,why have i not died,I have the windows open and no A/c,

what is that object on the floor, a light fitting ?, maybe someone spraying

for bed bugs .....again.

regards Worgeordie

I am glad you assisted us with your considered advice about this sad event.

I hope you watch the latest CSI series so you can accurately inform the family of the deceased as to why their love one has died.

"the victim was last seen returning to his room at 1am the previous night."

Perhaps some alcohol the evening before and then a heart attack whilst straining on the loo?

RIP.

Quite possible...the risk of heart attack and stroke is much higher when we are intoxicated...

People of all ages die all the time from various causes. If nobody died, we'd be a##e deep in people. You don't see a headline saying an American tourist died in his Australian apartment, or an Australian died in New York. What is it about Thailand that brings out all the conspiracy theorists?

People of all ages die all the time from various causes. If nobody died, we'd be a##e deep in people. You don't see a headline saying an American tourist died in his Australian apartment, or an Australian died in New York. What is it about Thailand that brings out all the conspiracy theorists?

Could be because of the rampant corruption within the police force, and the way they railroad some people..... and let's not forget about torture as a means of interrogation.

If the police are seen to be ineffective, speculation on the truth is unavoidable... Just a thought.

Check out http://www.farang-deaths.com and you might agree there must be more to it sometimes, its simply too many and too often under suspicious circumstances as well, imho.

Police concluded that the man collapsed and died due to heat stroke from the extreme hot weather affecting large parts of Thailand currently.

Why even print that garbage. No one will know anything until after he's been examined by a medical examiner. Amazing.

Edited by connda

I believe it's not that uncommon for people to die on the toilet, caused by "forcing" a no.2 (s_ _t)...can cause bursting a blood vessel, it always crosses my mind when attempting same. May he RIP....(I think the great Elvis) met his demise in the same manner.

Sad case.

But what's with the pixilated toilet?

Is a toilet too much for the Thai mind these days?

It's crazy enough to pixilate cigarettes (but not the gun the smoker is holding), but a toilet?? Beyond comprehension!

Sad case.

It's crazy enough to pixilate cigarettes (but not the gun the smoker is holding), but a toilet?? Beyond comprehensio

Most likely the reporter got there too late to photo the body ,and just though nobody would notice.

To me was a good point 'what is that object on the floor, a light fitting'

Never seen a bathroom light fitting on the floor before........... is it possible he was standing on the toilet trying to change it and fell off bringing the fitting down.?. guess we will never know.

Edited by ignis

To me was a good point 'what is that object on the floor, a light fitting'

Never seen a bathroom light fitting on the floor before........... is it possible he was standing on the toilet trying to change it and fell off bringing the fitting down.?. guess we will never know.

Well its more believable than heath stroke .

Being that he died on Monday, he is the 6th foreigner who passed away in the last 5 days.

(See also http://www.farang-deaths.com)

A horrific stat but I guess it is just coincidence, right?

Eitherway, rip to the poor guy and condolences to his loved ones he left behind.

I'm not much into conspiracy theories of foreigners who die in Thailand but a quick perusal of that website shows a staggering amount - I think about 12 mysterious deaths in the last 2 weeks or so! Yes, one Belgian guy was 80 with a heart condition and he had a heart attack but some of the others are not as matter of fact.

Edited by elektrified

Sad case.

It's crazy enough to pixilate cigarettes (but not the gun the smoker is holding), but a toilet?? Beyond comprehensio

Most likely the reporter got there too late to photo the body ,and just though nobody would notice.

Perhaps the headline should have read "Invisible Man found dead on toilet".