might stay 3 week in bkk, what to do, where to stay, things to see ?

dirtycash

i used to like jogging in lumpini park in mornings, i may spend a few weeks in bkk so i want to know

what to do .

things to see

places to stay - im not a big spender so no 4 star hotels please.

where to rent motor bike or is it worth even renting a motorbike, maybe better to get sky trains ? daily tickets how much ?

decent gym around silom / suk...might even want to join a muay thai gym just to train in, im 49 so am not in least bit looking to fight.

also interested in yoga/meditation.

mixed martial arts

ju jitsu / krav maga

i like cooking classes and am a keen learner.

CHEERS - DC

If only there was a way that you could type a question (like "Where to go and what to do in Bangkok") into a machine and receive an answer.

Just think if you could list the things you liked doing and then add the name of a city, wouldn't that be brilliant?

I reckon you could make millions if you came up with something like that.

A tuktuk driver will take you around all the sites for only 10 baht! Just kidding, don't try this if you get offered.

Regarding cooking classes, Mai kaidee (near khaosan rd) and also blue elephant (silom) both come highly recommended.

MBK Fight Night is good every Tuesday night, also across the street is a Thai Art Museum which is good for an hour, Also National stadium beside MBK has training grounds and soccer pitches.

Take the canal boat around Bangkok and get off at various stops for an adventurous walk.

MBK Fight Night is good every Tuesday night, also across the street is a Thai Art Museum which is good for an hour, Also National stadium beside MBK has training grounds and soccer pitches.

Take the canal boat around Bangkok and get off at various stops for an adventurous walk.

Good suggestions.

I'd strongly urge you to forget renting a bike. I'm on the wrong side of 50 and have ridden regularly all my life. Unless you're riding in town everyday and intimate with traffic habits it's just too dangerous. If I'm away from the bike in town for a week my skills are down when I return. Don't do it. Have a great stay.

I enjoyed the Dusit Zoo. Pleasant to walk around. A spot of green in the middle of the city.

The National Museum.

Suan Dusit Hotel. Run and managed by the students at the university. I had the most comfortable foam rubber or something like that type of mattress I have ever had in Thailand. Within easy walking distance to the zoo by the way.

The horse race track. Just something to experience. Kind of funny because most gambling is "illegal" in Thailand. I guess they have never been to a Muay Thai fight!

Thai Temples of course abound. I enjoyed Wat Po. Not necessarily because of the reclining Buddha, but because the main hall had a comfortable carpet to sit on and meditate.

Archived