Sydney schoolgirl 'wired cash to IS'

webfact

Sydney schoolgirl 'wired cash to IS'

SYDNEY: -- A Sydney girl, 16, will face court on terror financing charges which carry a maximum penalty of 25 years' jail.

She is accused of sending thousands of dollars to the so-called Islamic State group in Syria through a Western Union money transfer, reports say.

The girl and a male accomplice, 20, who allegedly gave her the money were arrested in raids on Tuesday.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35878177

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-03-23

What is with Western Union?

It seems the only people who use it are criminals.

Shutting it down would put a huge financial dent in international terrorism, drug dealing, human trafficking and God knows what else?

Edited by Hayduke

What is with Western Union?

It seems the only people who use it are criminals.

Shutting it down would put a huge financial dent in international terrorism, drug dealing, human trafficking and God knows what else?

Maybe, but it would also cause a famine in Africa and probably in many other of the poorest part of this world.

For a huge number of migrant workers, it's the only way to send money back home (paying outrageous fees but that's another story)

If it is her money ( or the boyfriends) , she can do with it what she wants.

Up to 25 years prison ....ridiculous !

You think that supporting a terrorist group that would do harm to Australia is OK? What planet do you live on? You also forget that Australia gave refuge to Muslims from Iraq, Syria etc and now they are biting the hand that has fed them.

Sure she can..........EXCEPT support terrorism!!

I think the penalty should be life, but only because Australia doesn't support the death penalty.

Giddyup is right on the money

Australia gave mamy a safe haven but they're now engaged in subversive activities against Australia.Scum.

Edited by F4UCorsair

I think the penalty should be life, but only because Australia doesn't support the death penalty.

Australia gave mamy a safe haven but they're now engaged in subversive activities against Australia.Scum.

i think some people should engage some functioning brain cells to avoid making utmost ridiculous accusations.

coffee1.gif

You think that supporting a terrorist group that would do harm to Australia is OK? What planet do you live on? You also forget that Australia gave refuge to Muslims from Iraq, Syria etc and now they are biting the hand that has fed them.

Australia should be aware of others doing same thing..

You think that supporting a terrorist group that would do harm to Australia is OK?

""You think that supporting a terrorist group that would do harm to Australia "Any Country" is OK?""

No sir we do not....But they call it taxes in the US & basically said ...

if we dont pay/support their terrorist actions we could go to jail...So we left thumbsup.gif

Edited by mania

You think that supporting a terrorist group that would do harm to Australia is OK?

""You think that supporting a terrorist group that would do harm to Australia "Any Country" is OK?""

if we dont pay/support their terrorist actions we could go to jail...So we left thumbsup.gif

You're going to have to enlighten us.....when did the US blow up a train station or crowded civilian airport using suicide bombers?

I'm sure there must be some since you're so sure the US is involved, but I don't recall any.

You're going to have to enlighten us.....when did the US blow up a train station or crowded civilian airport using suicide bombers?

I'm sure there must be some since you're so sure the US is involved, but I don't recall any.

Are you kidding? These are not beginners....... these no longer need to kill in person/risk death themselves

They blow distant objects without ever leaving the comforts of air con rooms now & call all those bystanders/wedding parties/meeting of village elders etc...... collateral damages

Anyway........support them if you like wink.png We all have choices I'm not here to make yours anymore than your snips make mine.

Edited by mania

41 men targeted but 1,147 people killed: US drone strikes – the facts on the ground

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/24/-sp-us-drone-strikes-kill-1147

i think some people should engage some functioning brain cells to avoid making utmost ridiculous accusations.

coffee1.gif

Naam, are you addressing my post, or that of BuaBS?

If mine, exactly what is it that offends you?

41 men targeted but 1,147 people killed: US drone strikes – the facts on the ground

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/nov/24/-sp-us-drone-strikes-kill-1147

You're talking about terrorists taking refuge in areas where they KNOW there will be collateral damage, and therefore public opinion against US/coalition action??

They're like the Palestinians firing rockets from schools, etc., and when the launching site is targeted, there are kids killed.

The terrorists make the decision to kill women and children when they conduct warfare from residential areas, and collateral damage is inevitable. They are not the instrument of death, but they are the architects of deaths of women and children.

Edited by F4UCorsair