Frenchman killed in early morning Patong brawl

webfact

A lawless, so called Buddhist country!

Why you make a post like this?Behave yourself!!!

It is nice country and nobody should accuse all people and country for single accident!!!

I am ashamed how some foreigners behave here!!!

A so-called Buddhist country, but in Phuket Muslims make up roughly half the population, as evidenced by the number of mosques (around 37) to Buddhist temples (38).

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a French citizen I know exactly how misbehaved, brainless, provocative, aggressive, obnoxious and even violent these young guys coming from the popular suburbs, many of them of migrant origins, can be.

They seem to be a significant part of my fellow citizens visiting Thailand now. I've seen them in action in Pattaya on occasions and I'm ashamed.

Seems like 2 arabs to me....anyway its also a cultural thing....the french way of talking is completely the opposite of the way things go in asia.

They are very direct, to the point of being rude...they fail to see that being right doesnt always mean they will get their way.

Ah yes.... yet another tourist going home in a body bag.

Yet again another tourist murdeded by scumbag Thai horrible dick heed it would be good for all tourists to avoid Thailand for a month just to see the place sink ???????????

Being a Buddhist myself since 2005, it is obvious that Buddhism here is so so twisted and distorted, it's so far removed from what it is essentially. Here it is mostly revolved around luck, fortune and greed, which is sad

It really seems like it is an Animist Spiritist amalgam with a Buddhist overlay. As the Buddhist part is the most obvious and most loudly celebrated, it is the most noticeable component and that is why it is spoken of and widely accepted as true Buddhism.

It's look like to be a "French paper" citizen.

A large number of foreign french origin come to Phuket for party and way of life. But they come with their traditionnal violence and provocative behavior

Nice one Inspector Clouseau or perhaps that should be Inspector Clueless! 'A French paper citizen' How do you know if he was born in France or not, because he has a muslim name it must be the victims fault as 'they' are 'traditionally violent and provocative'. Nice racist stereotyping Than!

A large number of foreign french origin come to Phuket for party and way of life. But they come with their traditionnal violence and provocative behavior

Exactly, french arabs bring a lot of crime to Phuket, scams, hacking i-phones of people nearby, fighting, taking bar girls on bar fine/short time hotel and next they offer to bring them home or back to the bar, drop them off and speed away without paying happens alot too

A lot if not all are staying mostly around Nanai Rd

They took the fun away for me staying in Patong

Nice one Inspector Clouseau or perhaps that should be Inspector Clueless! 'A French paper citizen' How do you know if he was born in France or not, because he has a muslim name it must be the victims fault as 'they' are 'traditionally violent and provocative'. Nice racist stereotyping Than!

Obviously never been to Phuket, lately?

Exactly, french arabs bring a lot of crime to Phuket, scams, hacking i-phones of people nearby, fighting, taking bar girls on bar fine/short time hotel and next they offer to bring them home or back to the bar, drop them off and speed away without paying happens alot too

In style "generalizing from gossip" vou have to be world champions both.
Congratulations!

So no arrest of the accused Thai man that ran into these guys and perhaps stabbed the victims? Let's hope the CC TV in the area was working and sheds light on this avoidable death.

Farangs should be more careful when handling knives.

When did Islam become a race ?

Congratulations!

Thanks, but actually I was still being nice, hhhh!

Gossip ? I used to go to Phuket and stay in Patong or Rawai 10 times a year between 2008 and 2014 for work, I could fill a book with the incidents I have seen myself, or that had happened to friends of mine there. You really donot know what you are raving about.

Ask any hotel-manager, bar-owner, or motorbike taxi around Patong about French muslims and you will be amazed how ignorant your current beliefs are.

Actually two versions about what happened circulating, version posted here and another reported by the post (had heard second version from Bangla bar owners before it was reported).

In the second version, there was incident in a club on Bangla, the French/Arabs were forceably ejected. One of the bouncers followed them down San sabai were he stabbed them.

Honestly, in my opinion either is possible.

Every night now there are incidents in the clubs, which are packed with drugged up, arrogant French/Arabs, farangs drunk off their heads due to the cheap open bars and on other side typical Thai bouncers with bad attitudes who take everything personally and on top of that since police started forceing everywhere (clubs and bars) to close at same time, San Sabai has become a mad house everynight with drunks walking oblivious in middle of street and even more idiots (especially the French and motorcycle taxi drivers) driving their bikes at max speed though them

As usual the Thai bashing Brigade have it all figured out with the absolute minimal of details and zero first hand knowledge...

Yes it was a scandalous waste of a human life and a tragedy for his family and friends, but is Thailand the only place on this earth where this can happen?

Rather than making even more unsubstantiated claims and spouting ridiculous and myopic opinions, I shall simply say commiserations and condolences to his family and friends, and a speedy recovery for the other person injured...

The only reasonable post yet.

That's not a brawl - that's a person that drove his bike into them - stabbed 1 person twice killing him and stabbed his friend once if the story is accurate - so murder and attempted murder - but guessing no jail - drunk angry Thai - 1000 baht fine

RIP to the French guy

As a French citizen I know exactly how misbehaved, brainless, provocative, aggressive, obnoxious and even violent these young guys coming from the popular suburbs, many of them of migrant origins, can be.

They seem to be a significant part of my fellow citizens visiting Thailand now. I've seen them in action in Pattaya on occasions and I'm ashamed.

Seems like 2 arabs to me....anyway its also a cultural thing....the french way of talking is completely the opposite of the way things go in asia.

They are very direct, to the point of being rude...they fail to see that being right doesnt always mean they will get their way.

And here are we in generalizations probably leading to a round of French-bashing like in the thread about this guy who has vanished.

No, not all French people are like this and I've seen just as many Brits, Kiwis, Germans or others in Thailand with loud mouths and offensive behavior.

It's all a matter of education, really.

Yes, I am sometimes ashamed of my compatriots in Thailand. I think we all have been of the citizens of our own countries sometimes.

I have worked in a Thai IT/Telecoms company for 3 years, as the only foreigner. At first they had rejected my application despite my profile matching the position nicely because most of the potential coworkers absolutely didn't want "another farang". Guess why? they had 3 American engineers sent from a US company for a while before and these folks had been absolutely obnoxious to them. I managed to convince them that not all farangs were the same and got the position.

A couple of years later, a new position was opened for an international before-sale engineer whom they decided had to be a westerner. The CEO had me in his office and told me "help us find another Frenchman for this job, you people seem to fit well".

I'm no better than anyone else but generalizations are plain wrong.

Patong is a lawless shithole. A tuk tuk driver cut me up last week and aggressively forced his vehicle into my path as he overtook every vehicle on the outside lane. His damn ugly wife leaned out the passenger window yelling and hammering on my driver door and window to I let them him. The place is full of scum.

so true. the worst thais live in phuket. the best live in issan

Intentionally riding a motorcycle into a person would almost certainly result in injury for the rider as well as the pedestrian. Bike riders hate the thought of a dog running in front of them because it will almost certainly result in a fall and injury.

Why would he intentionally ride into a person?

Now, what happens next is not acceptable...... the French guy is killed as a result of an altercation, over what may seem a minor traffic Iincident. Perhaps the rider suffered injury, and the French guy wandered off? We may never know the facts.

My guess is the pedestrian had a skinfull, and in that condition, better to not be crossing roads in the early hours.

People behave irrationally, even stupidly, when on vacation, and on the booze.

All conjecture...........nobody really knows except the combatants.......

Wow.

You are right. I am walking. You hit me on your motorbike. I die.

Clearly, Thai understands you can harm tourist free.

The tourist go home and do not follow the trial.

Hence, 2 years prison for murder and assault & battery.

I suggest, every Embassy takes on the Thai government trial on behalf of the victim's.

The problem with the headline is, Thai murders French tourist.

Whereas, Brawl requires 2 unprovoked actions.

Clearly, we, you will never get equal protection.

I suggest all embassy to either protect their citizens or mark Thailand as a NO GO COUNTRY.

EQUALITY, Legal fairness is one sided.

I love Thailand. I wish I was Thai.... But the hard fact is... Thai protect Thai...

This means, Hit Thailand where it hurts....Do nothey come.

That line makes no sense at all......facepalm.gif

Being a Buddhist myself since 2005, it is obvious that Buddhism here is so so twisted and distorted, it's so far removed from what it is essentially. Here it is mostly revolved around luck, fortune and greed, which is sad

It really seems like it is an Animist Spiritist amalgam with a Buddhist overlay. As the Buddhist part is the most obvious and most loudly celebrated, it is the most noticeable component and that is why it is spoken of and widely accepted as true Buddhism.

facepalm.gif

Congratulations!

Thanks, but actually I was still being nice, hhhh!

Gossip ? I used to go to Phuket and stay in Patong or Rawai 10 times a year between 2008 and 2014 for work, I could fill a book with the incidents I have seen myself, or that had happened to friends of mine there. You really donot know what you are raving about.

Ask any hotel-manager, bar-owner, or motorbike taxi around Patong about French muslims and you will be amazed how ignorant your current beliefs are.

I believe you....Only because if you mix french and muslim together that can never be good!!

Wow.

I suggest all embassy to either protect their citizens or mark Thailand as a NO GO COUNTRY.

My embassy (Australia) will never mark Thailand as a NO GO COUNTRY. It does, however, give its citizens sound advice about how to stay safe when visiting Thailand. The advice is common sense.

I heed such advice, and in all the years I have accumulated in The Land of Smiles, I have never been in a situation where I have feared for my personal well-being.

But.....being on the wrong side of town, at the wrong side of midnight, with the wrong company, with a belly full of beer, makes one vulnerable to becoming a crime and/or accident victim.

Common sense is not common.

Archived