Frenchman killed in early morning Patong brawl

webfact

A lawless, so called Buddhist country!

Why you make a post like this?Behave yourself!!!

It is nice country and nobody should accuse all people and country for single accident!!!

I am ashamed how some foreigners behave here!!!

Accident?

This was no accident.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a Buddhist myself since 2005, it is obvious that Buddhism here is so so twisted and distorted, it's so far removed from what it is essentially. Here it is mostly revolved around luck, fortune and greed, which is sad

yes when I was visiting Luan Prabang recently I was lucky to meet the Danish translator for the Dalai Lama. She explained to me how Buddhism in Thailand is all about me me me and nothing about trying to improve the world which is the kind of Buddhism the Dalai Lama teaches.

"Now, what happens next is not acceptable...... the French guy is killed as a result of an altercation, over what may seem a minor traffic Iincident. Perhaps the rider suffered injury, and the French guy wandered off? We may never know the facts."

If two men, who may be larger than you attack, what are you going to do...let them beat you senseless?

No doubt the Thai guy shouldnt have ridden his bike into them in the first place nor acted out of uncontrolled anger. But there are probably a lot details that are missing from this story.

Let's also not forget many farang have a penchant for drinking too much and getting violent. Walking around without a shirt in public certainly doesnt help either.

I don't know, seems more than meets the eye.

If a Thai guy intentionally drives his motorbike into some tourists, there must be a reason even if and likely illogical.

The article really isn't clear if it was an accident, "drove into them" and then was easily able to produce a knife and stab.

My GUESS is these guys did some shady business, like taking a lady and not paying or worse which can't be mentioned here.

pretty hard to get stabbed by a Thai unless you are way out of line.

My 10 years worth.

Not enough details in the report here.
What was here simply the purpose to stab tourists with a knife and murder one?
Yaba, Drugs, too much alcohol?
Hopefully the police did not forget to carry out a drug and alcohol test.

I do not think that the life of the Thai was threatened, probably are the Moroccans who often appear aggressive and loud in their mentality,
were the trigger for a short fused reaction?

Sad that people can not be more relaxed.

Being a Buddhist myself since 2005, it is obvious that Buddhism here is so so twisted and distorted, it's so far removed from what it is essentially. Here it is mostly revolved around luck, fortune and greed, which is sad

yes when I was visiting Luan Prabang recently I was lucky to meet the Danish translator for the Dalai Lama. She explained to me how Buddhism in Thailand is all about me me me and nothing about trying to improve the world which is the kind of Buddhism the Dalai Lama teaches.

Yep. She is just a translator and knows nothing about Buddhism herself if she tells you that.

wow really, that is quite an encounter! I do not know when this transition in Thai culture happened or why, but it is there for sure and I fear it may have gone too far to turn back. I can think of monks passed such as Ajahn Chah who were deeply routed in the spiritual and wise teachings of the dharma, but monks I meet today I often question if they even care or know the dharma

It's look like to be a "French paper" citizen.

A large number of foreign french origin come to Phuket for party and way of life. But they come with their traditionnal violence and provocative behavior

Nice one Inspector Clouseau or perhaps that should be Inspector Clueless! 'A French paper citizen' How do you know if he was born in France or not, because he has a muslim name it must be the victims fault as 'they' are 'traditionally violent and provocative'. Nice racist stereotyping Than!

Just look some news about french citizens crime in Thailand and you will see the facts.....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/885773-pattaya-police-arrest-french-atm-scammers-in-central-pattaya/

http://www.pattayapeople.com/Crime-News/Two-French-Tourists-Arrested-For-Skimming-ATM-Cards-

http://www.thephuketnews.com/five-frenchmen-arrested-for-phuket-atm-skimming-fraud-in-the-millions-51238.php

and more...

Just look some news about french citizens crime in Thailand and you will see the facts.....

It's sure that is not a Jean-Michel or a Frederic who are problematic in France and Thailand.

And these figures are available for us to look where? Interested.

Why you make a post like this?Behave yourself!!!

It is nice country and nobody should accuse all people and country for single accident!!!

I am ashamed how some foreigners behave here!!!

If you look at the numbers and what happened in the past five years or so in Thailand, the amount of foreigners killed by Thais for minor reasons, including refusing to pay the taxi fee (chopped to death by Thai taxi driver with machete), refusing to get off stage (foreigner killed on his birthday in front of his son by band members), looking too sexy or having sex on the beach (head smashed in, raped and partner stabbed and drowned, preparing Burmese patsies to take the fall), etc. and the many murder cases that were hushed down and branded suicides (especially on that garbage dump called Koh Tao), the countless murders in Pattaya, etc. - I am ashamed of how the Thais behave here, dear Vukovar!

To clockman should be said that Thailand is as far away from being a true Buddhist country as a buffalo would be from playing the piano. Look at the amount of mosques we have here and the steady increase of Muslim influence, especially in the southern half... This is not a Buddhist country anymore, and the unbelievable amount of rotten apples acting as "monks" in the Buddhist monasteries all over the country will make sure that in a few decades from now, the respect of Thais towards Buddhism will have reached an all time low, similar to the low Christianity faces in Europe right now.

It's all over, folks! Time to remove the pink sunglasses and face reality!

Always two sides of a story:

Hmmmm....

I surmise when Frenchmen and Thais collide they are hot headed and do not mix well.

I am also thinking there had to be alcohol involved while all 3 persons were under the influence.

An assumption on my part but more than likely correct.

And the knife......Mack the Knife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loEAFCMx77A

RIP

Cheers

So you surmise that Frenchmen, Moroccans & Thais are hotheaded & should not mix....or someone will DIE??? Want to throw any other nationalities into the mix while you're surmising??

Hmmmm....

I surmise when Frenchmen and Thais collide they are hot headed and do not mix well.

I am also thinking there had to be alcohol involved while all 3 persons were under the influence.

RIP

Cheers

So you surmise that Frenchmen, Moroccans & Thais are hotheaded & should not mix....or someone will DIE??? Want to throw any other nationalities into the mix while you're surmising??

Those "Frenchman" hot heads I have met were always Black, Arabs or mixed Arab/blacks or mixed Arab/whites, never just whites. Some races are just more hot heads than others. But please, keep your racists card away, I am at all mixing with Thai women.

Hmmmm....

RIP

Cheers

Those "Frenchman" hot heads I have met were always Black, Arabs or mixed Arab/blacks or mixed Arab/whites, never just whites. Some races are just more hot heads than others. But please, keep your racists card away, I am at all mixing with Thai women.

Never mentioned racist. Reading the report....the guys name has been withheld.....He actually could be an every day Jean Pierre average fellow..... Lets wait & see, before jumping to the conclusion that he's not just white......Maybe you are correct......maybe you are not.... Please forgive me, I don't understand your last line......( I am at all mixing with Thai women)..Cheers!

Never mentioned racist. Reading the report....the guys name has been withheld.....He actually could be an every day Jean Pierre average fellow..... Lets wait & see, before jumping to the conclusion that he's not just white......Maybe you are correct......maybe you are not.... Please forgive me, I don't understand your last line......( I am at all mixing with Thai women)..Cheers!

The deceased name is Akim Boukstbbouma . Google it :)

The deceased name is Akim Boukstbbouma . Google it smile.png

Very French.

The deceased name is Akim Boukstbbouma . Google it smile.png

My apologies detective TacoHell..... I came home & read the news article. You obviously lead a much more exciting & thrilling life than I...... P m s l.... Nice one.....

Anyhoo what did you mean by..... I am at all mixing with Thai women...... Google is as confused as me.....

Very French.

Yep, a true patriot who somehow got into such an altercation with a beach bars bouncers that he got stabbed. Wonder what these french patriots did?

No reason to get stabbed, but nearly impossible in Thailand as a Tourist unless you truly <deleted> up.

Google is your friend.

Anyhoo what did you mean by..... I am at all mixing with Thai women...... Google is as confused as me.....

Put down the sang som, I did not write that smile.png

I apologise TacoHell... You jumped the thread..... Sangsom is not my preferred beverage.... Thus , I do not get into altercations.....;Cheers!

I apologise TacoHell... You jumped the thread..... Sangsom is not my preferred beverage.... Thus , I do not get into altercations.....;Cheers!

Apology accepted. I also follow your philosophy, and it seems this Frenchman should follow the same. Never get into an altercation you know you're going to lose.

Cheers!

Apology accepted. I also follow your philosophy, and it seems this Frenchman should follow the same. Never get into an altercation you know you're going to lose.

Cheers!

I really wonder why I feel safer in Phuket than in Paris and in New York (in this case, Yonkers and Brooklyn).

Wow.

You are right. I am walking. You hit me on your motorbike. I die.

Clearly, Thai understands you can harm tourist free.

The tourist go home and do not follow the trial.

Hence, 2 years prison for murder and assault & battery.

I suggest, every Embassy takes on the Thai government trial on behalf of the victim's.

The problem with the headline is, Thai murders French tourist.

Whereas, Brawl requires 2 unprovoked actions.

Clearly, we, you will never get equal protection.

I suggest all embassy to either protect their citizens or mark Thailand as a NO GO COUNTRY.

EQUALITY, Legal fairness is one sided.

I love Thailand. I wish I was Thai.... But the hard fact is... Thai protect Thai...

This means, Hit Thailand where it hurts....Do nothey come.

You are wrong, all Thais don`t treat each other as brother and sister citizens. I have seen Thais in battles both men and women and they go crazy, in for the kill the same as they do with foreigners. Take the gang and student fights for example that many end up knifed, shot and dead. When Thais get into a road rage it`s like a modern scene from the Ben Hur chariot race.

They are on a very short fuse, they can transform from smiles to deranged killers within an instant. Thais are not immune from the aggression of other Thais.

First he drove into them, when they complained he displayed attitude, when they got agitated and the brawl broke out he killed one of them? This Thai guy needs to learn to walk away, ESPECIALLY when he's in the wrong. What will the fine be, 1000 baht?

Hmmmm....

RIP

Cheers

Only when they collide....

Did you like the video.

Cheers and chill out.

Archived