sucrose in 100% fruit juices?

peeba7

I suspect there is sugar added to some 100% percent fruit juices in Thailand.
Of course the ingredients only list juice but perhaps if the amount is below a certain percentage it does not need to be listed or someone is cheating maybe.
Is there any way to confirm this or prove this wrong?

Anyone know someone who works for malee or other major brands?

sucrose in 100% fruit juices?

I have no idea, but something tells me that if you add to 100% you end up with more than 100%. blink.png

Malee and other brands give all the total amount of sugar contained. It's usually given per 200ml.

Either way, it's not recommended to drink such juices in undiluted form.

The large print claims on the front are often inaccurate but if you look on the side of the container,s in smaller print (and sometimes only in Thai) it will show what has been added and the %. If no ingrediant listed other than the fruit juice(s) then no sucrose added. Very often grape juice is added to "100%" other type of juices.

As a diabetic I know that all fruit juices in Thailand contain a lot of sugar. It's drinking that stuff I was diagnosed with diabetes about nine years ago. Even when it is stated no sugar added, it still contains sugar, believe me.

I know that all fruit juices in Thailand contain a lot of sugar.

Yes, everywhere! Fruit juices contain a high amount of sugar. Even as a healthy person, such juices should be consumed only in moderation, i.e. in small amounts.

If you want to be 100& sure what your drinking buy the fruit and juice it yourself..

Man comes around in a Pickup couple of times a month.... yesterday 13 kg was 100 baht. had my electric Juicer for years, this made yesterday over 2 Lt of pure juice now in the fridge, also pour some into Ice Lolly moulds .. it has been as low as 15 Kg for 100 baht, up to 10 kg for 100 baht.

All fruit and fruit juice contains sugar, though it is fructose not sucrose. In addition sucrose is sometimes (in Thailand, often) added to packaged juices. This can be determined by a close reading of the label - not the big print or the front but the small print on the side panel.

The ubiquitous fruit juice carts where they blend it with crush ice will add liberal amounts of fructose syrup but can be asked not to, or (if for example it is lemonaid where some sweetness necessary to make it palatable) to add less.

Archived