Patong pub security guards arrested for fatal stabbing of Frenchman

webfact

@ blistering blue barnacles

The definition of "mitigating circumstances" at law is complex, but the simple Collins dictionary definition is: "circumstances that may be considered to lessen the culpability of an offender."

Intoxication is one of those circumstances.

No, my opinion is NOT that it is acceptable for drunk tourists to abuse locals, and such people should be arrested. Their behavior is unacceptable.

Thailand has the death penalty for drug trafficking, but does not have the death penalty for a foreigner abusing a Thai.

No need to be a man of steel to work in hospitality. One just needs the patience and people skills similar to a nurse, teacher etc etc.

In any case, the two Thai men have been charged with murder, as I said they should be, in a previous post.

They are not French, theire names indicated they are native Morrocans. So by experience I believe the Thai version of the story. I think 99% of Dutch, Belgiand and French will agree with. Morrocans are well know trouble makers in those 3 countries.

As usual, to imply all Moroccans are trouble makers, is not unlike saying all Muslims are terrorists!

Lived with the Moroccan Berber Muslims for over 6 months and never had a problem, in fact as the only white amongst them, I always felt protected by them, although I am English. Had I been French or German, it most certainly would have been a different story.

Incidentally, I also lived on my farm and as part of a small Thai community for 3 years, never had a problem there either. I believe that in general, the way you conduct and present yourself to others, will in turn dictate the attitude and treatment of others towards you.

Of course there are always exceptions to any rule of thought!

"Of course there are always exceptions to any rule of thought!" - Thailand has a lot of exceptions, of ALL nationalities. :)

Archived