Ipod & Digital Camera (buying)

ltdknowledge

Hello Folks

I'm flying back over to Thailand next Tuesday and on my travels i intend on buying an Ipod and digital video camera. I know there's a few deals going around in Dixons/Currys but i wondered if i would be worth buying at the duty free at Heathrow. Has anyone done the same and save a little.

Many Thanks

Hello Folks

I'm flying back over to Thailand next Tuesday and on my travels i intend on buying an Ipod and digital video camera. I know there's a few deals going around in Dixons/Currys but i wondered if i would be worth buying at the duty free at Heathrow. Has anyone done the same and save a little.

Many Thanks

shame you havent got enough time,ebay is the way forward,ive saved a for tune by buying my ipod nano and olympus 7.1 mju camera on there,,,,,defes not cheaper in thailand,comet for 4gb ipod nano £129.99,lots of colours

You don't mention which digital camera you're wanting to buy. On my recent trip to the US, I found the best prices on iPods were at CostCo. I am afraid that you will have to look long and hard in Asia to find prices that match these listed here for new iPods.

In Singapore, a shop in Little India was selling the 80GB iPod for S$580 (about $375 USD). I did not look much further as I wasn't really in the market for one. There may be a deal to be had there and I just didn't see it.

Best check your prices in the UK before heading this way.

I'm off to New York and Chicago next week and have been waiting to buy the 4gb iPod Nano unti I get there. With www.apple.com giving a list price of $199 that represents a saving of around 25% on the Thai price, given the current exchange rate. And I'm sure there will be cheaper options available outside of Apple stores.

Edited by bendix

Hiya all....Im after an Ipod (30gig I think)....Does anyone know off the top of there head what the price is for Bangkok and Singapore?

Friends are trying to get me to go for the weekend if can save a bit will pay for some of the trip.

Thanx in advance all

xxx