Baht Bus Routes

Stravaig

We've been using the public transport system for a while and have figured out most of it, for where we usually want to go. But there are a quite few gaps in our knowledge where a bit more info would be useful. Maybe someone can help - could be useful for others too?

There's the obvious circle route of Beach Road and Second Road.

There's also the Beach/Second Road up Pattaya Klang (and back).

Second Road up South Road to Sukhumvit (and back).

Second Road to Naklua and Naklua to Beach Road.

Second Road to Jomtien and vice versa.

Soi Bukhao both ways.

OK, not much there but we've learned what we've needed to know, and just done a private hire on the rare occasions we've needed anything else.

Any more? How about Sukhumvit, North Road, or anything else of interest? Just the usual jump on the back and go. Yeah, I know "anything goes" and we do sometimes just get on and see where we get taken, but a little more knowledge of where we're likely to be going could be helpful sometimes. Sukhumvit is a bit of a mystery. :o

I think you have got the routes covered already.

The less "frequented routes" don't exist, as they are less frequented there are no regular routes there. Along roads like third road, Thepprasit, Pratumnak Hill road you can wait forever for a stray bathbus to pick you up.

There are plenty of bathbusses along Sukhumvit, mainly white coloured I think. I have used them several times but are not sure how far north (Sri Ratcha?) and south (Sattahip?) they go, have mainly used them going to places between north and south Pattaya roads.

There are many bathbusses going up north rd, most stop at Sukhumvit and head back towards beach road again but some turn left on Sukhumvit and head down to Naklua.

Actually some bathbusses used to have a sign in the window (in Thai) saying where they were going. This was very useful as you could then easily pick a bathbus from beach road to Jomtien without risking that the bus would turn left on second road or go straight up south Pattaya road.

Unfortunately I very seldom see these signs anymore.