online learning resource teaching Thai child English

andre47

What age is the child? Not an expert but seems to me one of the reasons children in Thailand have difficulty with English is that they are not learning English but learning to translate Thai into English with some pretty odd Thai phonetics, too. Try the British Council and ehow!

What age is the child? Not an expert but seems to me one of the reasons children in Thailand have difficulty with English is that they are not learning English but learning to translate Thai into English with some pretty odd Thai phonetics, too. Try the British Council and ehow!

The boy is eight years now.

For the beginning I like to offer him English/Thai material. Later we can change into pure English.

The boy is eight years now.

For the beginning I like to offer him English/Thai material. Later we can change into pure English.

If I were you, I'd teach him in English only. The different sentence structure in Thai is a sort of irritating.

Please look at some ED book stores and buy a book with Thai translation. I've just recently seen one without mistakes that was pretty good for beginners.

He's learning English at school, so he should know at least some basic vocabulary..Best of luck with your teaching.

If you can get a copy of Rosetta Stone, it will help him tremendously.

Please page me if you want a copy. You could also learn Thai with Rosetta Stone and see who the faster leaner is.....thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I also like the Rosetta Stone series for learning English.

Look on the internet for the 100 Doulch word list.

This list has all the basic words like: and, is, a, an, have.

Practice daily and get the student to know these words off by heart, so he/she can instantly recognise these words.

If you look at an English language sentence, you will see that most words are covered in the (100 or 200) Doulch words.

This means that when she reads she only has to decode new words.

Don't seperate speaking, reading and writing but use a macro approach.

There are some great ESL resources and don't use photocopied black and white images, use full color. ☺

Archived