Moderately Priced Hotel In Bangkok

tropo

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking around for a moderately priced hotel in Bangkok this week. I need to visit the New Zealand and Australian Embassies and will be staying for 3 or 4 nights with my GF.

I like the look of the Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel on Soi 4 and may give it a try.

They are charging around 1000 bht for a night. I don't want to pay too much over 1000.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good hotel in that area.

Edited by tropo

Hey Tropo, how u doing buddy? That Woraburi is a real nice value and not a bad hotel at all. It is probably one of the top values in the area. I've had a few friends stay there and no complaints. I don't think you're going to do a whole lot better. Up the road you have the Rajah for like 800 but it is flea bagish.

Thanks Beavis for your input. Last time I was in Bangkok (February) I stayed at the Nanatai Mansion (that was 900 walk-in) which is just up the road near the end of Soi 4 but I wasn't really satisfied. Do you know if it's better to book through the internet, or chance it by just turning up (it'll be Tuesday or Wednesday this week).

I noticed quite a price variance between the hotels own site (1100) and a booking agency (910). Would walk in prices be cheaper or more expensive? I'll be staying with my GF, but I noticed they charge extra for 2 even though the beds are all double, so I really don't know what price I'm going to end up paying. Why do they charge extra for your girlfriend when they don't charge you to bring in a girl companion?