Spray Paint ( For Car )

pop3

I have been looking everywhere for a tin of spray paint the same colour as my pickup, all the tin's in the shops are for motorbikes and motorbike colours, nothing for a car anywhere ? I have asked them if they have tin's of paint for car colours and they all say only motorbikes ? I don't want to take my pickup to a spray shop and leave it there for days just for a small mark I can repair myself, does anybody know where you can buy small tins of spray paint for cars ?

I don't believe you will find any spray can paint to match. It is not available in the US at least. It would be a different kind of paint and just too many colour variables for them to make it. Maybe you could go to a body shop and have them mix you up some touch up paint and apply it with a brush, if it is only a very small chip or scratch. It kind of depends on how critical you are, unless it is done profesionaly with a spray gun you will see the the repair.

The more popular colors are found in spray cans. Remember though if it's a large enough section it will be very difficult to blend old and new paint. You'll need to sand down the area to scuff remove the clear coat that is over the surrounding paint before you spray and then afterwards you will have to put down another layer of clear coat. To make sure it adheres well, scuff up the clear coat surrounding the area newly painted and spray the whole section with clear. If it's bare metal, you'll have to put down primer first.

Edited by Jamie

Yes I have tried my local dealer but they say they have no spray cans and must take it to the sprayshop, Mabe as you said I will try to get some next time Im in Bangkok, comming from the uk this is a bit frustrating as we can just go into any autoshop Halfords and the like, and get virtualy any colour, don't matter how old it is even, paint from the 60s is no problem, unlike you poor buggers in the good ol u s of A by the sound of it !