'Pasta & Pizza' restaurant on Soi Arunothai. Where is it now?

AbeSurd

About a year ago there used to be a great roadside eaterie on Soi Arunothai called 'Pizza & Pasta'. If you were travelling from Pattayaklang down Soi Arunothai, it was on the left, about 300 metres from the junction with Pattayaklang. A bit before you get to the big school which is on the right.

I think it was owned by a French guy. The menu was in French and English. Good European food at good prices. I used to eat there regularly.

I got back to Pattaya last week and much to my dismay 'Pizza & Pasta' has disappeared without trace.

Does anyone know if it's re-located to somewhere else in Pattaya?

Thanks.

post-85392-0-54812800-1458992975_thumb.j

post-85392-0-97354300-1458992989_thumb.j

Edited by AbeSurd

Are they maybe using the same illuminated sign as in my photo (colours of the Italian flag if I'm not mistaken)?

If it is the same people then that means the score is:

Darkside: 1

Pattaya central: 0.

They moved to third road, about 200 meters north of klang.

Link to map

That is good news for those of who live in the area. Thank you. I'll check out their new location very soon.

I actually ate there a couple of weeks ago. Pizza prices from memory almost same as Pizza Big so prices are not that great. Quality was ok but like all the eateries along that stretch you are almost right on the road with very heavy traffic.

Link to map

That's correct.

It's closed on Wednesdays now.

I passed the new place today. The sign says 'open 17:00 - 24:00'. Yes, closed on Wednesdays.

If you're coming from Pattayaklang, 'Pizza & Pasta' is on the right side of Third Road, shortly before the soi that takes you round the back of Big C Extra.

Edited by AbeSurd

Was the Italian place at what is now a big blank space on Arunothai? Looks like a new, big development going in.

Yes, it disappeared without trace (along with quite a few other businesses) and there's a big blank space there now.

Link to map

That is good news for those of who live in the area. Thank you. I'll check out their new location very soon.

I actually ate there a couple of weeks ago. Pizza prices from memory almost same as Pizza Big so prices are not that great. Quality was ok but like all the eateries along that stretch you are almost right on the road with very heavy traffic.

Apart from at 'Pizza & Pasta' I rarely eat pizza. I don't know Pizza Big. Most of the small pizzas at 'Pizza & Pasta' are in the 109 -129 baht range. And to me, for that price, they're more than OK, they're pretty damn good.

They also have satisfying 3 course meals for 199 and 249 baht, with house wine at 70 baht a glass. For those sorts of prices the food is, as I say, more than OK - but of course not gourmet.

I agree with you about Third Road. Soi Arunothai had more character and less traffic.

• 8 months later...

So 'Pizza & Pasta' moved from Soi Arunothai to Third Road about a year ago.

Now I'm back in Pattaya again I've found out they have now disappeared from Third Road.

Are they still in business? If so, does anyone know where they're located now?

Thanks.

18 hours ago, tj916 said:

Yes back on Soi Arunathai, at the entrance to the new market very close to where they were before.

Try the onion soup if you haven't already very very good.

I agree, it's back on Soi Arunotai, on the east side. It is in the new market open air food court. Between Pattaya Klang and the east side 7/11.