Tires in Thailand

rocoa01

11 hours ago, denby45 said:

Just realised you cannot even trust the main manufacturers of tires. My car has done less than 30,000Km and I was checking the tire pressure as I do quite regularly and my front passenger side was down to 28psi. I thought that perhaps there was a nail in it or something so I took it to the tire shop. The guy in the tire shop says immediately that I need a new tire. Obviously I thought he was scamming me because there was certainly plenty of wear in the tire as you can see. He showed me a couple of cracks in the tire wall which of course convinced me he was genuine. I had him replace it. When he took the tire off and I got a look at the inside tire wall I got a real shock. I think I have been lucky in this case as it could have been much worse. That tire could have blown out at anytime. I attach the photos. imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32 

Image00001.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Be worth asking Dunlop via email why this happened to their tyre when it has always been used at the correct pressure for the ride..For me even at 28psi I cannot imagine that stuff would happen...