Tearaway boy, 11, kicked two girls into canal then stamped on their hands as they tried to save them

rooster59

The family of the boy have not contacted or expressed condolences to the family of one of the girls despite being neighbours.

This tells me straight away what kind of people they are.Most decent people would have expressed remorse and at leat apologized.

Apart from a baby being born with a mental defect,no baby is born bad,it's the influences around the child that moulds them.

My opinion this stems from bad parenting.

"Apart from a baby being born with a mental defect,no baby is born bad"

Have you any idea how offensive and insulting that moronic remark is? You think the mentally defective are bad?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an extremely sad situation all round, the young boy obviously has never been taught & tutored correctly for which the parents bear a great responsibility, it is a shame the girls were not able to swim to another location to exit the water,(not even sure if they were able to swim), the parents of the girls will be understandably devastated & the boy certainly faces a very unsure future - No winners here, RIP to the girls & condolences to the families affected by this.

I am not certain but can't he be held indefinately in a Mental institution, then when older put in permanent detention for life??

I know this has happened in other countrys, anyone know thai law here???

This is Thaivisa, of course no one here knows Thai law. They sure do know how to speculate and pontificate like ignorant thugs though.

Knew a kid like this in Vermont. His parents were totally against any form of restraint or punishment, and the kid had no idea that bashing another kid with a rock was not the thing to do. Totally the fault of the parents but aided by an evil psychotic offspring who should not be allowed to interact with other children except under supervision.

Thai Boys do not know what NO means.

In 12 years here and 5 being in Issan I never saw a Boy to behave.

They are NEVER told Stop that, Be Quiet etc.....So it is the culture here which is wrong.

They sort of grow up and get motorbikes and still think they can do as they like.............usually become part of the annual road carnage!

I know parental neglect is not exclusive to Thailand but I do see what most people would consider inappropriate behaviour more often here, and i agree I rarely see any applied discipline.

In the condo where I live there are a few families that have young children, these children are very often hanging around in the carpark at midnight to early hours, on a weekday and they are all between say 4 and 10 years old. So, very much allowed to do as they please, can't be a good recipe to produce a well rounded adult able to deal with the challenges in life without resorting to extreme measures.

This is a very sad story, 2 young girls lost their lives for no reason and a young boy seems to be disturbed if the story is true. No winners here, everyone loses.

RIP young girls.

Would be nice to send the fathers of the girls some financial help, but we need bank details and name to do that, is there anything TV could do to help make that happen ?

If you were really sincere about that you would have already approached the police and Thai PBS. Thaivisa does not need to do anything to help you.

The article doesn't exactly make the locations of everyone clear. But it does kind of beg the question:

If the father of one of the victims and/or his two sons were nearby enough to witness the part about the kid allegedly stomping on the girls' hands, why couldn't they have done something to either save the girls and/or stop the little alleged punk?

His sons gave evidence to police that they saw the boy kick the girls in the water and when they tried to get out of the water he stamped on their hands.

If adults saw the girls drowning, why didn't they jump in and save them. Even after they go down under the water for the final time,

You still have 2-3 minutes to bring them back with CPR. Should charge the kid(boy) with murder and the adults with manslaughter.

Note, to all parents, please teach your kids to float and swim 50-100 meters. There are canals everywhere in this country.

Sorry to the girls family and friends.

Trouble is most Thais can't swim, either kids or adults, So unfortunately adults jumping in to save them would probably have resulted in more deaths and more sadness. I live at Patong beach and only one of the woman I know will go anywhere near the beach, (let alone getting into the sea) and she only plays in a half a meter of water as she can't swim...

The article doesn't exactly make the locations of everyone clear. But it does kind of beg the question:

If the father of one of the victims and/or his two sons were nearby enough to witness the part about the kid allegedly stomping on the girls' hands, why couldn't they have done something to either save the girls and/or stop the little alleged punk?

His sons gave evidence to police that they saw the boy kick the girls in the water and when they tried to get out of the water he stamped on their hands.

If adults saw the girls drowning, why didn't they jump in and save them. Even after they go down under the water for the final time,

You still have 2-3 minutes to bring them back with CPR. Should charge the kid(boy) with murder and the adults with manslaughter.

Note, to all parents, please teach your kids to float and swim 50-100 meters. There are canals everywhere in this country.

Sorry to the girls family and friends.

Trouble is most Thais can't swim, either kids or adults, So unfortunately adults jumping in to save them would probably have resulted in more deaths and more sadness. I live at Patong beach and only one of the woman I know will go anywhere near the beach, (let alone getting into the sea) and she only plays in a half a meter of water as she can't swim...

Ahh..explains why most apartments have no bathtubs

"Mrs Rattana further said she didn’t think the drowning of the two young girls was not an accident." Why the double negative? Meaning she thought it was an accident?

So ,Your total reason to reply to this post is to correct the English language use .Are you one of these phony International school teachers working here ? If not ,then why not apply for a job as "The Correct English Language Editor" at Thai Visa ?

The parents have obviously been strong role models as he learned at a very young age how to disregard others and deny any responsibility.He will do well in this culture once he gets out.

Most likely this boy has been physically and emotionally abused by his parents for years. He has the symptoms.

Amazing !

Do you know this boy and his parents ?

Do you have evidence which supports your contention of "abuse ?

What "symptoms" did the boy tell you has?

Are you a TVF non-expert ?

Not amazing at all.

There is a significant correlation between being abused and becoming an abuser.

quite basic psychology-psychiatry stuff.

the evidence is a boy that is a known bully-abuser

symptoms and signs are contained within the information given in the story

i am not a tv non expert

Could have been worded differently; quite possibly boy has been abused

Would be nice to send the fathers of the girls some financial help, but we need bank details and name to do that, is there anything TV could do to help make that happen ?

If you were really sincere about that you would have already approached the police and Thai PBS. Thaivisa does not need to do anything to help you.

Thanks for the nice and friendly reply, tells me more about you than it does about TV.

I don not have time to contact those you mention as unlike most here I am not retired yet and have very hectic job, I just thought it would be easy for TV to include those details in some of their usual posts, after all it's all farangs here on this forum, most of whom can afford a few quit.

A bad idea, you think ?

Edited by luckyman

The parents have obviously been strong role models as he learned at a very young age how to disregard others and deny any responsibility.He will do well in this culture once he gets out.

Most likely this boy has been physically and emotionally abused by his parents for years. He has the symptoms.

Amazing !

Do you know this boy and his parents ?

Do you have evidence which supports your contention of "abuse ?

What "symptoms" did the boy tell you has?

Are you a TVF non-expert ?

Not amazing at all.

There is a significant correlation between being abused and becoming an abuser.

quite basic psychology-psychiatry stuff.

the evidence is a boy that is a known bully-abuser

symptoms and signs are contained within the information given in the story

i am not a tv non expert

Could have been worded differently; quite possibly boy has been abused

And the fact that they did not offer any apologies or remorse to the parents of the girls, while neighbors, supports that theory.

If l had a dog that behaved like that you would find it dead on the end of a chain !

What is being discussed is a small HUMAN BOY not a dog.

You predilection for inflicting unlawful cruelty on dogs says a lot about your character !

Edited by johnatong

'Police have charged the boy with "causing harm to others resulting in death".' That's the best they could come up with?

I guess as he didn't actually hold their heads under water to drown them, then what else can they charge him with..?

When people cause accidents that kill others on the road ( every day it happens ) they are not charged with murder, but get the same result, someone dies !!!

Thanks for the nice and friendly reply, tells me more about you than it does about TV.

I don not have time to contact those you mention as unlike most here I am not retired yet and have very hectic job, I just thought it would be easy for TV to include those details in some of their usual posts, after all it's all farangs here on this forum, most of whom can afford a few quit.

A bad idea, you think ?

I totally agree with you luckman,, a contact on here would be a great help for anyone wanting to donate money to help the parents of the girls !!

There is only one way to deal with this kid if the police ignore what happened and let it fade away as they often do while no justice is served.

Wait awhile and then have the kid anonymously dealt with in the "alternative way"

Cheers

There is only one way to deal with this kid if the police ignore what happened and let it fade away as they often do while no justice is served.

Wait awhile and then have the kid anonymously dealt with in the "alternative way"

Cheers

Most Thais could not give 2 craps about 2 Khmer girls and any Cambodians who do are here for economic reasons and will never risk their livelihood. In Thailand, Cambodians are only 1 small step above the Burmese on the caste system scale. There will be no justice for these kids.

In fact, I would not at all be surprised if the girls' family was forced to leave the country or area when bullies from the boy's side step in to quiet them down about the whole thing.

Edited by tonray

Sadly, at that age, there will not be much punishment.

However, retribution may be worrisome for the parents and the boy.

The girls were Khmer ...there will be nobody in Thailand worried too much about revenge.

I saw reports in the Thai press that only one of the girls was Cambodian, the other Thai.

• 1 month later...