Upgrade Minix Android version

bkkmick

Hi

I would like to upgrade my Minix 7 version of Android (4.2.2.).

I've Googled around looking for a solution but I cannot find an easy way to do it.

Has anyone a link to youTube or anywhere else that will guide me through the upgrade process. (I've tried the About Phone OTA route but it says that the version is up-to-date).

Thanks

Mick

Check the Minix forums for how to download and upgrade your X7. It's a complicated process and a pain but works if you follow their advice to the letter. I can't remember but is the one you're doing the one that finally provided for future upgrade to be done OTA? I get OTA upgrades on my Minix X7 now & it's a piece of cake.

I recently upgraded a Minix Neo 7 mini to Kit Kat. As avander stated go to the minix forum website where you will find firmware available for most minix products. You will have to do it the old fashioned way by downloading files to a PC connect and hard boot your device and flash the new firmware using the appropriate batch tool. If you search YouTube you will find tutorials that should help. Not easy for the novice but can be done if you follow the steps diligently.

In my case the latest firmware will now accept OTA upgrades from the Minix forum which claims to be supported by minix.