Gluten Free Beer in Phuket

alansiporin

As a related issue does anyone know if you can get (and I know this will seem like sacrilege to some) non alcoholic beer here.

I've seen German non-alcoholic beer in TOPS. Haven't tried it though.

If you want to try one, let it be "Kelz", the only one which tastes like beer.

As a related issue does anyone know if you can get (and I know this will seem like sacrilege to some) non alcoholic beer here.

I used to drink non alco beer in the UK sometimes, but can't remember the name, although it was German. I wish bars generally would stock some of this. I don't always want to be legless but would prefer the taste of non alco beer to fizzy sugary drinks at times when I don't want alcohol. Just how many cokes can you drink? Besides if I have something that looks like beer in my glass I can still preserve my manly drinking image. Lol. Thanks for the info. Edited by trd

is rice gluten free ???

there are different kinds of gluten (proteins), which affect some people and not others. Gluten is found in wheat, rye and barley. I believe that plain rice is gluten free.

Yes, rice is gluten free

Any body know if gluten free beer is available in Phuket?

Beer Lao is brewed with rice, not wheat. So if it is the gluten in wheat that affects you, Beer Lao should be okay.

It has to be the "light colored" one. Beer Lao Dark has gluten. Cheers.

Any body know if gluten free beer is available in Phuket?

Beer Lao is brewed with rice, not wheat. So if it is the gluten in wheat that affects you, Beer Lao should be okay.

Beer Lao is gluten free but not for the reason you mention. There is rice used in the recipe but it's a small percentage of the mash which is mostly barley.

Even Wheat beers are still mostly barley with a smaller percentage of wheat .

Beer Lao isn't gluten free because of the rice, but because the malt has been modified to be gluten free.

I used to drink non alco beer in the UK sometimes, but can't remember the name, although it was German. I wish bars generally would stock some of this. I don't always want to be legless but would prefer the taste of non alco beer to fizzy sugary drinks at times when I don't want alcohol. Just how many cokes can you drink? Besides if I have something that looks like beer in my glass I can still preserve my manly drinking image. Lol. Thanks for the info.

Usually I have one beer and then switch to plain soda water. I Don't drink flavored sugary fizzy water. I don't care what other people think of my drinking habits.

• 1 year later...

It's so annoying when people who don't know what they're talking about start posting on a topic. If you just have an opinion you should not participate.

I had the company send me their lab results before I moved to Thailand. They have a Dark Lager, a Lager (my favorite) and a harder to find Gold, all three test at 5-10 parts per million, below the 20 ppm needed to be GF. I will attach those labs here:

IMG_6770.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG