Name of good hotel in Prachuap Khiri Khan

ghworker2010

Stayed in the Hadthong hotel 3 years ago, certainly wasn't new but we found it fine, clean rooms, great sea views and on the beach. Gets mixed views on Trip Advisor but thats par for the course. Checked out a few others but preferred the Hadthong. As far as the beach is concerned though, like many others we headed over to Ao Manao on the end of the bay, great beach and seafood though maybe a little crowded at weekends. Might get a better response if this was moved to the Hua Hin forum.

Edited by roamer

I stay in the Prachuap Beach Hotel which is smack bang in the middle of the beach road. Its about 900baht and if you stay on the 5th floor in high numbered room (508/509) youll wake up to fabulous views. Its basic but clean and worth the rent as walking distance to the seasiderestaurants (Maprow my favourite). There is a large hotel 2 streets back that was finished maybe a year ago but sorry dont recall the name but its towards the north end of town and likely features on Agoda.

If you really want to splash out there are two hotels on the beach to the south of Ao Manao - drive straight through the airfield and hang left at the lights and you'll ome to a beach and hang right and the 2 hotels will be a km or so on your left. Not cheap and limited eateries at night but your call.

Enjoy PKK

I stay in the Prachuap Beach Hotel which is smack bang in the middle of the beach road. Its about 900baht and if you stay on the 5th floor in high numbered room (508/509) youll wake up to fabulous views. Its basic but clean and worth the rent as walking distance to the seasiderestaurants (Maprow my favourite). There is a large hotel 2 streets back that was finished maybe a year ago but sorry dont recall the name but its towards the north end of town and likely features on Agoda.

If you really want to splash out there are two hotels on the beach to the south of Ao Manao - drive straight through the airfield and hang left at the lights and you'll ome to a beach and hang right and the 2 hotels will be a km or so on your left. Not cheap and limited eateries at night but your call.

Enjoy PKK

Maprow my favourite too, great squid:-) Have to be careful when looking at hotels on Agoda as most of them are in PKK province rather than the city, if you're not careful you can find yourself 20k away from the city. I love the city, so relaxed, how long it will stay that way, who knows? Love the way it's inhabitants don't feel the need to tear around. Good place to leave Bangkok behind for a few days to recharge batteries.

Have been visiting Prachuap for 8 years and changes are certainly happening with number of new hotels going up and I lost count of 'Pizza' signs last time there but away from weekends (Bangkok invades) its still such a fabulous place to visit and so easy to find space on Ao Manao. Love getting up at crack of dawn and wandering the beachfront then stopping off for a helping those miniature doughnut things they sell at the market in front of the post office.

Understand your Agoda comment but map confirms this is the new hotel in town I mentioned but shocked by the 5,500baht price tag.

http://www.agoda.com/prachuap-grand-hotel/hotel/prachuap-khiri-khan-th.html?checkin=2016-04-01&los=2&adults=2&rooms=1&searchrequestid=c322c49f-e726-4839-8745-1cd1d4efedc1

Hope the Italian place near the entrance to the airfield is still there when I get back in May.

Hadthong is the best for location also with a great General manager who speaks English and understands foreigners needs, I am not so sure the same can be said for other PKK hotels

Although if you don't care about being in Ao Manao the air force base hotel looks good , (never stayed there just used the swimming pool), the new Grand hotel is well new and grand seems a bit soulless and no pool

A new BnB called Pancake House has not long opened and the rooms are very large and super comfortable beds. Friendly owners and always available to knock up breakfast. Pan makes a super som tum too. Check it out!!

Have been visiting Prachuap for 8 years and changes are certainly happening with number of new hotels going up and I lost count of 'Pizza' signs last time there but away from weekends (Bangkok invades) its still such a fabulous place to visit and so easy to find space on Ao Manao. Love getting up at crack of dawn and wandering the beachfront then stopping off for a helping those miniature doughnut things they sell at the market in front of the post office.

Understand your Agoda comment but map confirms this is the new hotel in town I mentioned but shocked by the 5,500baht price tag.

http://www.agoda.com/prachuap-grand-hotel/hotel/prachuap-khiri-khan-th.html?checkin=2016-04-01&los=2&adults=2&rooms=1&searchrequestid=c322c49f-e726-4839-8745-1cd1d4efedc1

Hope the Italian place near the entrance to the airfield is still there when I get back in May.

Just checked it out on Booking.com, 1350THB for a twin room for any dates I put in, bit of a difference from Agoda biggrin.png

Edit. The 5500 THB was for a suite. Still works out a bit more expensive for a standard room than on Booking.com as Agoda prices don't include taxes.

Edited by roamer

Just checked it out on Booking.com, 1350THB for a twin room for any dates I put in, bit of a difference from Agoda biggrin.png

Edit. The 5500 THB was for a suite. Still works out a bit more expensive for a standard room than on Booking.com as Agoda prices don't include taxes.

Apologies didnt notice the suite. Agoda and Booking.com are actually one and the same company with different approaches to hooking punters.

I used to stay at Sun Beach and agree its good but only so many rooms have the clear seaview but the pool is definitely a plus. There isnt one at Prachuap Beach hotel.

• 2 weeks later...