Cambodia Business VISA, Problems Visiting Thailand

Because I got tired of leaving LOS every 30 days when my USA VISA expired, I purchased for $290 a 12 month Cambodian VISA. Don't have to report to anyone for anything for a year at a time. Anyway each time I cross into LOS they "challenge" , me saying I need to show I'm going to Airport or not staying in Thailand unless I have a work permit or whatever else. I normally cross at PoiPet

Photoshop airline tickets seem to work fine but surely there is an easier way and some of you guys know the best option I should take. Thanks for your advice.

Providing falsified documentation to immigration officers is not very 'smart' and you might be arrested for attempting to gain illegal access to the country.

The answer to your 'problem' is to stop attempting to use serial "visa exempt" entries and obtain a tourist or other visa for trips into Thailand.

You should be able to simply say you live and work in Cambodia and are coming to Thailand for holiday/shopping and will return overland. Lots of Cambodians and expats resident in Cambodia come regularly to Thailand like that.

Unless you are coming here so often as to give the impression otherwise? How often do you cross?

Confused. How does an expired USA visa affect or relate to one's staying in Thailand every 30 days or the issue at hand?

Photoshopping or falsification of an airline booking shows some degree of criminal energy in your effort to cross borders. You might one day find yourself presenting that doctored booking to an overzealous immigration officer who might then proceed with googling the airline's phone number on his phone. That would be the point of no return.

• Like 1

The key question: are you living in Cambodia with short visits to Thailand, or staying mainly in Thailand on visa exempt entries? If the latter, gift of the gab and fake flight itineraries may get you through for a while. However, a smart immigration official who is not busy will eventually start to wonder why you never leave Thailand by air. After a few enquiries, you will probably be arrested. If you want to come across the border illegally, there are ways that can be done, but talking about them in this forum is not allowed.

• Like 1

Agree hence my question as to how often you cross. If you are in fact coming every week and staying Monday - Friday or something like that, it is blatantly obvious you are working in Thailand and this will not fly.

If on the other hand it is just an occasional trip to Thailand, there should be no need to show airline tickets as plenty of people living in Cambodia - expats and Khmer - travel to and from Thailand overland. Nothing odd or suspicious about never leaving by air if you are living in Cambodia.

However, the fact that you were challenged suggest to me it may the first situation. This will not work for long, you will soon be denied entry.

My experience with Poipet Imm is that they are very corrupt but also very sharp-eyed and good at sizing up people and figuring out what they are up to.

Why not get a job in Cambodia instead since you already have the visa?

• 2 months later...

Confused. How does an expired USA visa affect or relate to one's staying in Thailand every 30 days or the issue at hand?

The meaning was I'm an American Visa Holder, and upon expiration of the 30 days received from Thai Visa Officials. I have not counted how many Thai entry stamps I have but the count is 5 or less for the entirety of 2015. I'm a pensioner and planning some online eCommerce adventure so I'm not working in Thailand. I go there when en route to other countries and NEVER just to hang out at KhaoSan Rd.

Thank all of you for your information, insights and advice concerning this matter. I hope this information and discussion will assist others who have searched these keywords.