Visa for Vietnam

Planning to visit Vietnam for a week over Songkran.

From what I have seen with an internet search today, UK passport holders can enter Vietnam without visa until June 2016 and providing their stay is less than 15 days.

Can anyone confirm this and give recent experience?

Thanks in advance.

How about US citizens?

US Citizens require a visa, either from a Vietnamese Consulate before departure or by purchasing a letter from one of the myriad of commercial companies who offer a "visa on arrival" service. Whilst these companies are not associated with the Vietnam Immigration authorities, and actually frowned upon, I've never heard of anyone having a problem using their services.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes you will have no problem

They ask you how many days you intend to stay.

The visa exemption may be extended to 30 days after the current trail run ends in June

They also need to see proof of your holding a return flight.

How about US citizens?

Recently ratified legislation now enables US citizens to apply for a 1-year multiple entry visa.

Come on over, it's really, really good here.

Edited by NanLaew

How about US citizens?

US Citizens require a visa, either from a Vietnamese Consulate before departure or by purchasing a letter from one of the myriad of commercial companies who offer a "visa on arrival" service. Whilst these companies are not associated with the Vietnam Immigration authorities, and actually frowned upon, I've never heard of anyone having a problem using their services.

The only people frowning upon the 'visa on arrival' letter of entitlement via tourist agencies are the surly bunch behind the window of the VoA desk at Saigon airport. They are frequently swamped whereas their daily routine must have been pretty much like watching the paint dry before the VoA was enabled. They've been a staple of my Vietnamese travel since 2005 and nobody else at Vietnam Immigration has had an issue so I wholly concur with your last assertion.

• Like 1