Suvarnabhumi to Bangkok

Hel123

We're driving from Pattaya to Bangkok on Saturday - I've been advised to park up at the Airport and then get the Skytrain

I've not done this before so any info appreciated - The Nearest Sky train station to my destination is Asoke - Where do I have to change trains ????

Thanks

H

It won't be the Skytrain (BTS) from the Airport but the Airport Rail Link which terminates at Phayathai which is close to the Phayathai Skytrain (BTS) from where you can whizz around to Asoke with ease or you could hop off at Makkasan and get a cab from there to Asoke (not recommended in rush hour).

http://www.srtet.co.th/en/

Edited by Merylhighground

I've stayed near Asoke a few times. Taxi around 45 minutes, maybe 60 in traffic, costs around 400-450 Baht including tolls and airport charge. But the rail link/MRT won't save an awful lot of time unless the traffic is terrible. Depends on luggage and budget I guess.

If you know the roads in Bkk it might be worth while considering exiting at the Port and parking up at Emporium for easy access to the BTS.

Of course, much of this depends on your intended destinations in BKK.

For example - if you are going to Banglampu area - then you'd need to take a taxi anyway, but if you are targetting destinations specifically on the BTS / MRT routes then parking up near the BTS may be a good choice.

IMO: By the time you've parked up at the Airport, taken the Air-port rail link, Transited at Makhassan onto the MRT (and possibly again on to the BTS) you won't have saved much time at all.

Of course much of this depends on your time of travel - Enter Bkk after 10am and the roads are not the horror story everyone makes them out to be, the same goes for leaving before 5pm and after 7pm.

I live that area. I think better for you to park - assuming you can walk 15 minutes - at BITEC in Bangna. Outside is free parking. Underneath BITEC you pay. You then go to the very top floor in BITEC and follow the signs to BTS (Or ask). You'll walk along a long passage with travelators (like walking in the airport) to the end, down a flight of stairs and you'll be on sukhumvit right next to bangna bts (currently 2nd stop from the end). 15 minutes on bts to Asoke.

I assume you are parking for hours not overnight.

The alternative is park at the airport carparking, walk in to the airport, follow the signs to the airport link in the basement and catch the train as others advised above.

Another one the wife does, is park in Megabangna (about km 18 on bangna trat road / outer ring road junction) and gets the free bus to the bts (either to udomsuk or onnuch I think...20 minutes), sometimes she taxis back from Udomsuk bts to megabangna for 100 baht and 20 minute ride.

This will be your easiest solution.

Edited by Bredbury Blue