Decent roast dinner in Bkk ?

Sandy Freckle

Please excuse me if this has been covered before...,
Can anyone recommend a Bangkok restaurant in that serves up a decent traditional roast dinner..., (Lamb/beef/chicken)...., with all the trimmings..., close to a BTS or MRT station ?

Thanks in advance.

I'm located on Soi 19..., not far from Asoke/Sukhumvit stations.

Edited by Sandy Freckle

Thanks Appletons..., they were both quite interesting reads.
I'll do a bit more other homework re: places up and down Sukhumvit.
Thanks Macca..., I'd imagine The Kiwi would turn out a decent bit of roast lamb...., that's my preference.

Edited by Sandy Freckle

Hanrahans on Soi 4 is ok for 395B , if you have the money go to the all you can eat at the Huntsman Pub in the Landmark hotel basement, They will carve the meat in front of you and they have many other dishes on the menu + dessert. Last time was there was 800B.

Royal Oak Soi 33/1 (sister pub to Hanrahans) is imo better than Robin Hood or Dubliner.

Huntsman has a terrific deal at the mo, go 4, pay 2, plus 450 baht all you can drink.

Bistro 33 (Soi 33) also has a good carvery, with an all you can with free flow deal.

The landmark just near soi nana - the pub in the basement ---get there at the right time - before the dreadful band starts caterwauling and factor in the the 3 pm rush..........................gorge yourself until you are dizzy!

The Pullman Grande hotel on Asoke for Sunday brunch has all you can eat and drink for under 2k Baht...they have fantastic rare roast lamb and beef, I think they had pork and turkey too with the trimmings and many other delights all included.

That's what I'd be going for...far better than the pubs IMHO.

I second the Huntsman Pub (Landmark hotel) suggestion. Great value and good taste. Close to BTS but from where you are, you can walk there.

..., yes correct..., but not so sure about walking home if I pig out wink.png

Edited by Sandy Freckle

The Pullman Grande hotel on Asoke for Sunday brunch has all you can eat and drink for under 2k Baht...they have fantastic rare roast lamb and beef, I think they had pork and turkey too with the trimmings and many other delights all included.

How does that Sunday buffet compare with Sheraton or the other 5 stars since the name change & new management took over? It's a lot cheaper than Marriott, Sukhothai, Lord Jim's etc...

Been thinking of trying it.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by keemapoot

How does that Sunday buffet compare with Sheraton or the other 5 stars since the name change & new management took over? It's a lot cheaper than Marriott, Sukhothai, Lord Jim's etc...

Seafood is excellent...the Indian food was surprisingly good as well, mostly tandoori stuff. They had crispy duck pancake rolls made to order as well which were tasty.

As I said above the roast meat is perfectly cooked.

Free flow drinks were replaced swiftly and I was certainly satisfied with the service!

Edit: Just to mention they have fois gras to order (not something I rave about personally) and a chocolate fountain etc if you like dessert.

Edited by smokie36

Seafood is excellent...the Indian food was surprisingly good as well, mostly tandoori stuff. They had crispy duck pancake rolls made to order as well which were tasty.

Free flow drinks were replaced swiftly and I was certainly satisfied with the service!

Edit: Just to mention they have fois gras to order (not something I rave about personally) and a chocolate fountain etc if you like dessert.

Thanks Smokie, I knew I could depend on you for knowing all the good places. I'm going to take a group of about 10 people, and I imagine it's a place used to foreign tourists style, so is it ok if some wear stylish casual and nice shorts and sandals?

**oh, BTW, did you happen to notice what wines they were serving at the free-flow price?

Edited by keemapoot

Thanks Smokie, I knew I could depend on you for knowing all the good places. I'm going to take a group of about 10 people, and I imagine it's a place used to foreign tourists style, so is it ok if some wear stylish casual and nice shorts and sandals?

**oh, BTW, did you happen to notice what wines they were serving at the free-flow price?

Er............No to the shorts and sandals - dress properly. Nobody want to see men's bodily hair or ugly feet in a Restaurant.

Casual is fine...I don't remember the wine but I had a few glasses of the red so it was at least passable.

• 11 months later...

Just a quick update.

Went to The Sportsman on Sukhumvit 13 today for a roast beef dinner, it arrived after approx 10 minutes, it consisted of a large portion of beef, yorkshire pudding, a few roast potatoes, mash, carrots & a pot of gravy, overall I enjoyed it.

It was only 199+ baht and I believe the value was very good for the portion of beef supplied.

I will be going back again.