Debit card daily limit

I just finished with the thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906609-bangkok-bank-internet-banking/

and decided to pay via my debit card. I had forgotten that I had set myself a daily limit of ฿5000.- (paying by internet) and so of course I can't pay for my air ticket.

Calling the infamous 1333 number of Bangkok bank resulted in my being told I couldn't raise this limit.

What is the maximum daily limit, please, before I spend even more time at a bank, possibly only to find that I can't raise the limit enough to pay the ฿20 000.- that I need?

Can I raise it to ฿20 000.-?

But your limit of 5k is far below any of those options so expect a bank visit would be required. Also believe in the past limits could only be lowered by phone - not increased - to help prevent fraud - but perhaps that has changed as last used a decade or more ago.

Try this: Sign on to Bualuang iBanking, click " My Settings", then " Transaction Limits", change the amount in "Maximum Bill Payment TRansaction Amount". One time password will be send to your phone for confirmation. Hope this helps.

Have done this at ATM after system locked me out by setting limit to 0. Bank manager showed me how, used icon that said 'other' on first touch screen and reset limit was on next screen as one choice. Had to enter ID number used to set up account. Highest level possible was much higher than 20,000.

When I replaced my card at Bangkok Bank I was asked what daily limit I wanted they said the limit was up to me I chose 250,000 Baht a day I could have chosen more but this was adequate maybe because I am a very long term customer with funds coming in monthly from Bangkok bank in the UK I don't know or maybe it's the branch

Beg to differ. I'm farang, my BBL debit card limit is 200k, though can withdraw only 40k per day from ATM. As said, change limit at iBualuaug account on Net.

Suspect you are not trying to get more from ATM as my daily limit is 50k and I can take two 25k withdrawals from ATM (and often do).

Mine are set at 50k and have option to change daily limit up to 500k online. Suspect to make change to transaction limit will require bank visit as does not appear to be an option on-line.

Mine is 50,000 also....didn't even realize it till I tried it one day.....20,000 with a different bank and not sure what my 3rd one is.

You can change the limit. Talk to the branch Mgr. Many bank reps are ignorant in answering many questions.

Harsh... I would say the problem is if they do not know the answer, they would rather tell you it isn't possible!

Dumb but that is the way they are.

I got a credit card to use for airfares and internet bookings.

Bkk bank has a maximum of 50k only for foreigners and u cannot increase it.

Try opening an accoung at kasikorn, you can change the limit anytime over the phone, I think the maximum is 200k

categorically untrue, i have used limits of up to 200k in recent past purchasing building supplies on bbl debit card.

Bkk bank has a maximum of 50k only for foreigners and u cannot increase it.

Try opening an accoung at kasikorn, you can change the limit anytime over the phone, I think the maximum is 200k

categorically untrue, i have used limits of up to 200k in recent past purchasing building supplies on bbl debit card.

Mine is set to Baht 50,000. Outlets of the bank cant do it but they can submit the form to the head office. It will take time and from what I am told you wont have access to the facility whilst the change is processed.

I would suggest, if possible, you visit the head office of your bank and have a word with them. They can do it immediately

Mine are set at 50k and have option to change daily limit up to 500k online. Suspect to make change to transaction limit will require bank visit as does not appear to be an option on-line.

KTB have an online transfer limit up to 200k a day but your only able to do 50k at a time.

​

K-Web Shopping Card
fb_share.jpg

K-Web Shopping Card offers you convenience and security for online shopping with no need to apply for a credit card. Easy application with no documents required!

I use this and no problem to sort it all on line. And the limit is OK for all my needs.
Key Features
  • Apply easily! If you are a K-Cyber Banking member, you can apply for the service immediately, with no documents required or just have Debit Card in case to apply at K-ATM.
  • Within 24 hours, you will be provided a 16-digit card number, CVV number and card expiry date via
    K-Cyber Banking, which you can confirm by yourself.
  • Any damages incurred from unauthorized purchases are curbed. Daily shopping limits can be set on your own, with limits from THB0 to a maximum of THB100,000. Other controls on your online shopping can also be set as desired.

Try this: Sign on to Bualuang iBanking, click " My Settings", then " Transaction Limits", change the amount in "Maximum Bill Payment TRansaction Amount". One time password will be send to your phone for confirmation. Hope this helps.

I changed my limit using this method so I know it works

I just finished with the thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906609-bangkok-bank-internet-banking/

and decided to pay via my debit card. I had forgotten that I had set myself a daily limit of ฿5000.- (paying by internet) and so of course I can't pay for my air ticket.

Calling the infamous 1333 number of Bangkok bank resulted in my being told I couldn't raise this limit.

What is the maximum daily limit, please, before I spend even more time at a bank, possibly only to find that I can't raise the limit enough to pay the ฿20 000.- that I need?

Can I raise it to ฿20 000.-?

Most can raise it to 2 million a day

Don't believe their lies

Various banks told me 100-200- 500k etc as well

I went into the manager and said I need more

They switched me to 2mil a day in a few minute

(you might have to change to a different colour of card but that's no problem for me)

Don't let them bullshit you... Or they will

If they insist they can't ask for manager, if he won't see you ask to close ALL your accounts and withdraw the balances in cash (banks don't like that)

• 1 year later...

i am on a tourist stamp and opened my account at BKK bank last week. Same problem, limit only 50k per day. I asked the bank to change it. Mai dai ka... i tried on the app on my phone and on my computer and same, "cannot" it says i have to contact the branch to change it. So i tried over the phone, cannot. Now we are 1 week later and i transfered 500k into my account. I tried again today to change the limit on my computer and this time it worked. All limits have been increased to 500K.

I guess if your account is empty or has a low balance you are not allowed to change the limit, even the bank. Dont know if that's the reason or if i was just lucky. I'd go with the first one.

Archived