Hi guys,

I am trying to transfer funds from my Interactive Brokers account to my account at Bangkok Bank Naklua branch without success. IB page shows: " Correspondent Bank routing details were not found". Swift code is BKKBTHBKXXX. Do I need to contact Bangkok Bank? No problems when transfering money from my homecountry Belgium to Bangkok Bank.

Thanks.

Depending on the country location of funds being sent there will be a correspondent bank that they send directly and that bank sends to Thailand - normally the sender will look that up but believe you can also do on-line if required. That SWIFT code is the receiving bank (Bangkok Bank Thailand and the account number gets it into your local branch).

Why are you using Swift code : BKKBTHBKXXX.

This is the info from the BKK Bank, so drop the XXX.

Our SWIFT code is BKKBTHBK, the one and only code for every Bangkok Bank branch throughout Thailand. You should provide this to the overseas bank or person making the funds transfer via SWIFT to your account with Bangkok Bank in Thailand.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/TransferingFunds/TransferringIntoThailand/Pages/InwardFAQs.aspx

Time to contact IB.

I have a problem sending from my Luxembourg bank to Bangkok Bank using their online system due to Thailand being on some international blacklist. I have to contact them by secure message each time.

Maybe IB have the same policy.

Question (and maybe a longshot) but what currency are you transferring ?

If you transfer from Europe you should always transfer your LOCAL Currency and NOT THB, as you will get a very BAD exchange Rate.

I want to transfer Euros because I have a Euro account at IB located in the US.

Maybe try doing an ACH transfer instead of a SWIFT transfer.

Route through the Bangkok Bank New York Branch using their ABA/ACH routing number and your in-Thailand Bangkok Bank account number. You "do not" need a Bangkok Bank NY branch account number to do this....you are only using their ABA/ACH routing number.

It's considered a domestic transfer and cheaper than SWIFT. Used by many, many Americans (like me) to do ad-hoc transfers from their U.S. banks, brokerage companies, pension payments, etc., for many years. A simple and easy process...hopefully it will work in your broker. See full info at this Bangkok Bank webpage.

HOWEVER, BUT, Now here's the part I'm not sure about....don't know if above method will only work for US Dollars or other currencies can be transferred also. Now if your broker converts the Euros to USD before transmitting to the NY branch (hopefully at a good exchange rate) then it should work because it's then USD following through the ACH system.