Airport To Pattaya - Beat The Touts

chiang mai

If like me you are tired of the touts who bombard you at Arrivals (they seem to have multiplied by a factor of ten at the new airport) I can highly recommend the number 389 bus.

Take the free airport transfer bus from the Arrivals level and get off at the central bus station (takes about five minutes). Buy your ticket for Pattaya and it will cost you 106 baht one way - the coach leaves from bus stop number one and is easy to find. The coach is fairly new, comfortable and the guy drives sensibly. Figure on about 1.45 hours to get to Pattaya Klang and this on my most recent trip was on a Friday in the early afternoon.

I got great satisfaction on my most recent trip knowing that I had managed to bypass the calls for anywhere from 1,500 to 2,500 for the same journey by taxi or limo. And I have to say I am not aversed to spending money to get from A to B in comfort and on schedule. Trust me, it really is the only way to make that journey!

If like me you are tired of the touts who bombard you at Arrivals (they seem to have multiplied by a factor of ten at the new airport) I can highly recommend the number 389 bus.

Can you tell us what the schedule is for this bus? Frequency? Last/first bus? Return from Pattaya?

Can you tell us what the schedule is for this bus? Frequency? Last/first bus? Return from Pattaya?

Full Bus info inc. Tel numbers and times at my Airport Guide Transportation page.

http://www.boxertravels.net/airport/index.htm

Thanks for the link; it looks like service is somewhat limited...

Pattaya - Bangkok Airport is 150 baht.

Booking recommended Tel: 038-370-055-6

Timetable

06.00 am

09.00 am

13.00 pm

17.00 pm

Bangkok Airport – Pattaya is 200 baht.

Booking recommended Tel: 02-747-4673

Timetable

09.30 am

13.30 pm

17.30 pm

Sorry for the late reply but as posted already by another the outbound trips are

06.00 am

09.00 am

13.00 pm

17.00 pm

I reconfirm that the one way cost is 107 baht. Hopefully if more of us use the service they will increase the frequency.

After flying, arriving, the last thing I want to do is get on a bus no matter how cheap it is.

However, the touts have to go, I will never use them and my wife will never let me. She insists I use a proper limo company no matter the cost.

no hassle, rather pay a tenner for a car service

If you do that you encourage the touts and that doesn't make it any better for those of us THAT LIVE HERE!

There, that's told you britvaric. You are no longer free to spend your hard-earned money in the way you choose, because (GOD FORBID) it spoils it for everyone else.

Please adjust your behaviour accordingly.

Edited by bendix

no hassle, rather pay a tenner for a car service

If you do that you encourage the touts and that doesn't make it any better for those of us THAT LIVE HERE!

There, that's told you britvaric. You are no longer free to spend your hard-earned money in the way you choose, because (GOD FORBID) it spoils it for everyone else.

Please adjust your behaviour accordingly.

I respect anyones right to hold and express an opinion, similarly I reserve the right to pursue my own views and to reinforce a point in a constructive and respectful manner. I do not support however bystanders who offer no opinion and do not contribute to the debate other than by critiquing other commentators.