Affirmation of Marital Status‏ appointments in Bangkok British Embassy

Hi All

My Friend is on his to Bangkok this weekend and had planned on getting married on Tuesday.

He has just found out that he needs an appointment at the British embassy for his Affirmation of Marital Status‏ and i believe the earliest appointments are on the 13th April.

Can i ask when it became appointments only and whats the chance of getting a cancellation on the day (Monday if Possible)

I always thought it was a matter of turning up at 8am in the morning and be first in the queue

Regards

Malc

I have no idea exactly when the appointment system was introduced but it has been running for some time now.

There is, AFAIK, no mechanism for securing a spot which may be cancelled.

There are appointments currently available on the 12th April.

Your friend could try calling the Embassy on +66 (0) 2 305 8333

If one wants to prepare for the "Affirmation of Marital Status" or the equivalent document in the UK beforehand, what government department should the one to approach?

There's no need to approach any government department in the UK as it needs to be done in Thailand, just prepare the affirmation, but don't sign it, adding the appropriate details from the template available on their website and take that along to the appointment: Information for British nationals intending to marry in Thailand

• Like 1