Air Asia Chiang Rai - Hat Yai

villagefarang

It looks like Air Asia is flying between Chiang Rai and Hat Yai now. My wife has been checking out Lipe Island off the coast of Satun with friends and booked a flight home from Hat Yai without realizing it is a new service. It sure beats having to make connections in Bangkok.

Yes , a lot less hassle and a big time advantage I'm sure as well. Nice to know. I have only heard good things of Lipe Island. I hope you have a good time.

I found myself staying home to take care of the house and animals. My wife first went to Bangkok for a family thing and then went with good friends to their family home in Hat Yai. From there it was an hour and a half van ride to the coast and a boat ride of about the same length to the island. The bigger boats can’t get near the shore so there is a short shuttle to the beach.

Thanks to social media I have been bombarded with chat, photos and videos, on LINE and on FaceBook. The weather was good and the water crystal clear. Everyone seemed to have a good time and it appears to be very popular with locals and tourists alike despite the difficulty in getting there. The Air Asia flight home to Chiang Rai is very early so I will be getting up at an ungodly hour tomorrow to meet her flight.

That's very interesting, about 2 hours flight time and a quick search offers one way flights for around 1500B

Arrives Chiang Rai about 8.15 am which isn't quite as outrageous as some people like to make out. rolleyes.gif

Hey I need my beauty sleep. 8.15 am is already before I normally fall out of bed. Then you have to consider an hour drive, taking care of the house and animals, walk the dog, shower and some coffee on top of that. I don’t exactly move at the speed of light either, so it is going to be an early morning by my standards.tongue.png

What a great looking breakfast Eggs benedict and sunny side up over hashbrowns. Where was that if you don't mind?

Chivit Thamma Da Coffee House. That is Eggs Benedict on smoked salmon with Hollandaise sauce and a strip of bacon. Those potatoes are amazing too. My wife had the other dish.

What a great looking breakfast Eggs benedict and sunny side up over hashbrowns. Where was that if you don't mind?

Chivit Thamma Da Coffee House. That is Eggs Benedict on smoked salmon with Hollandaise sauce and a strip of bacon. Those potatoes are amazing too. My wife had the other dish.
I hate you.! [emoji3]

Archived