Need advice regarding best embassy close to Thailand to apply visa

Hello there,

I am staying in Koh Phangan at the moment and have an israeli passport. I'll finish a triple entry visa in May and I'd like to apply for a new single entry thai visa (plan to leave thailand after that) for 3 months. I can't go to Penang because they don't accept israelis there so I was wondering what would be the best alternative. In the past I went to Laos (Vientiane) which as I know is the most friendly embassy around but the problem is that it's a bit of an expensive option. So any advice of another friendly embassy around where there's a high probability of getting a single entry visa ?

thanks.

The problem is that all your options seem to involve connections (through Bangkok or possibly KL) That adds about 3,000 baht to the cost if you were doing it from Bangkok.

Flying from Bangkok to HCMC is cheap, and you could get an SETV there, but you would need a visa on arrival which pushes up the cost. A quick Expedia search suggests Surat to HCMC including hotel would start at about 7,000 baht. To this, you would need to add $40 for the Thai visa and the Vietnam visa on arrival (not sure what that costs these days).

Flying Surat to Udon is distressingly expensive, and the costs of doing the visa run to Vientiane is consequently probably more than for HCMC.

Tricky.

Edited by BritTim