Printer problem

zyphodb

Hi there, I have a less than one year old Canon ip2770 printer that I have used for printing photos & office stuff, since the last windows 10 update I have found that when I try to print anything from word, I'm using office 2007, everything goes through to the printer seemingly ok the printer sounds as though its printing & the paper feeds through but comes out blank. I can still print image files with no problem, Ive updated the driver to the latest which is still not that new but says it's compatible with my version of windows but this has made no difference, has anyone had a similar experience? & does anyone know what might be causing it & any fixes? what mystifies me is that it still prints photos with no problems straight from my pictures but no longer prints word files from the same folder...

This is what has worked for some but may not have anything to do with Windows 10 - but easy to check and return if does not help. I do not use Word but WPS and no issues with that.

However I did correct my problem.
Start-Control Panel-Printers&faxes-
Right clicked printer -click properties-
Clicked Advance tab
Removed default Check on "Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster
Checked-"print directly to the printer"

Thanks for the reply, tried this, no difference, what gets me is the printer head is moving back & forth across the page as the paper goes through but no ink is coming out, yet if I print a JPG file no problem, baffling me...

Do you have another program you could use to print the document? Believe Windows 10 often comes with a built in sky office program that requires subscription so maybe taking over and not printing until you pay? Perhaps need to remove it. WPS Office is free and much more compatible than most so might be worth a try - you might like it.

Already deleted that, its not printing PDF docs either, tried looking at office support which suggests creating a new word template, unfortunately it doesn't explain how to do this, I find any microsoft help for things like this particularly useless, presumably to keep "jobs for the boys", going to try uninstalling the printer driver & reinstalling again... Bloody annoying....

Already deleted that, its not printing PDF docs either, tried looking at office support which suggests creating a new word template, unfortunately it doesn't explain how to do this, I find any microsoft help for things like this particularly useless, presumably to keep "jobs for the boys", going to try uninstalling the printer driver & reinstalling again... Bloody annoying....

Please check on Canon's website and find the right driver. But please install the full package and you'll be fine.

Please see:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/windows-compatibility/

Can you print a test page OK? All colors and black register? I expect you use the same black for color printing but if not could be an ink problem as seems only color is printing but black text is not?

Had to go to Canon Thailand to find the right model but its made no difference... still exactly the same problem...

When you right click start menu and go to Device Manager, do you see anything unusual. You have to click on Printers. What does it say?

BTW, you should also get updates for your Printer from Windows. What if you connect thew printer to another device? Does all work then?

I use this from time to time smile.png

http://www.brandt-edvservice.de/pdf/testseite.pdf

(downloaded to disk and use PDF reader)

I prefer it over others as it is simple and does not waste too much ink.

After changing cartridges: print it, write date on the print and store it away for comparison.

Currently yellow ("Gelb") is empty whistling.gif

Does not bother me, switched to use black ink only which is good enough for this problem device.

Here here on Microsoft Help. I don't think it has helped sort a single one of my PC problems. I just Google the question these days.

Archived