lopburi visit

chorizo

Hi, going to lopburi for a few days and wondering where farang bar restaurant may be.. would like thai from the area to tell me what to see ..wats etc. I have been several times but not for 10 years... I am an expat living in cm so not a tourist....I was stationed at Takhli AFB 49 years ago and will go there next. thanks....dan

Was at Takhli 68-70 myself. And in those days you did see a lot of snakes in the Land of the King Cobra. Google maps has some good current photos you might want to review and downtown/train station/movie theater area is much the same (although theater is long closed and a market area now). Outside of town most is gone as the two lane road is now a highway. Winnies bungalow area can still be made out but mostly abandoned. The bars are long gone (even when I visited 35 years ago).

I got there just about the time you departed for 2 years. Have had home in Bangkok since 1974 but worked outside Thailand most of the time until retirement 23 years ago. Wife is from Lopburi reason for forum name - but really no current knowledge of the city and from forum do not believe many foreigners make it there home.

I think there are some, not really looking for farangs, just thought if there was a bar it would be a good place to start. I do know a few places to go at night n maybe can run into a old thai friend too. Nice talking with ya...dan

Archived