99.9 is hard to find in Thailand. If you are lucky you can find a shop that has bought some gold coins from farang. In any case wouldn't you just ask the price and pay that or walk away? The price over spot is paid by you so up to you.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99.9 is hard to find in Thailand. If you are lucky you can find a shop that has bought some gold coins from farang. In any case wouldn't you just ask the price and pay that or walk away? The price over spot is paid by you so up to you.

I think 99.9% is no problem to find. Ausiris sell the Swiss Pamp and also a Ausiris bullion that is 99.9%, but as I said in the OP, no English language info about fees on their website or from their office on Pattaya Sukhumvit.

In the past, several years ago, I have also seen 99.9% bullion is a few gold shops around Pattaya. One shop on Pattaya Klang at that time told me they could order it.

not hard to find in BKK. big goldshops will procure on demand but it could involve a waiting period of several hours.

One shop on Pattaya Klang at that time told me they could order it.

but you have to pay the full prevailing price when ordering and the waiting period is up to three days.

I think Ausiris on Sukhumvit delivers on the spot or actually you pay when you receive, so if anyone has more details about them please let me know.

I thought gold in thailand was 96.5% gold and not 99.9%!

Gold bullion is available in both grades

Since you're looking to buy bullion in Thailand, why not simply go for the Thai gold? If not mistaken, it's 96.5% as opposed to 99.6%. But it's very easy to get and just as easy to sell again when needed. Prices of Thai gold fluctuate with the world price of gold.

I prefer 99.9% because that one will be certified buy a international institution, while the 96.5% will be certified by a Thai institution. Thai gold is easier to sell in Thailand, but in other parts of the world they will prefer 99.9%

Actually there is little difference in 96.5 and 99.9 on the gold market - I have a dealer in Honolulu that will buy/sell Thai gold all day at the same price as 99.9. He asked me to bring him a Kilo next time I hit Honolulu, I say "Yeah, Right, come thru US Customs with a Kg of Gold bars ???cheesy.gif is what hey would all do.

I emailed Ausiris the other day with the question if they could forward, or at least explain, the term and conditions for buying bullion in English to me.

In case someone else has received their email reply by mistake, please forward it to me.

Since you're looking to buy bullion in Thailand, why not simply go for the Thai gold? If not mistaken, it's 96.5% as opposed to 99.6%. But it's very easy to get and just as easy to sell again when needed. Prices of Thai gold fluctuate with the world price of gold.

I prefer 99.9% because that one will be certified buy a international institution, while the 96.5% will be certified by a Thai institution. Thai gold is easier to sell in Thailand, but in other parts of the world they will prefer 99.9%

Actually there is little difference in 96.5 and 99.9 on the gold market - I have a dealer in Honolulu that will buy/sell Thai gold all day at the same price as 99.9. He asked me to bring him a Kilo next time I hit Honolulu, I say "Yeah, Right, come thru US Customs with a Kg of Gold bars ???cheesy.gif is what hey would all do.

There is no duty on gold coins, medals or bullion but these items must be declared to a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer. Please note a FinCEN 105 form must be completed at the time of entry for monetary instruments over $10,000. This includes currency, ie. gold coins, valued over $10,000.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/332/kw/coins/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDU5OTk5NjkzL3NpZC9qWmhRa29ObQ%3D%3D/~/importing-gold-coins%2C-medals%2C-and-bullion

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906052-where-can-i-buy-palladium-bullion-bars-in-bangkok/

They mention a place in HKG that will ship bullion to BKK. Also, if you buy "bullion" in legal tender format - like the 1oz Canadian Maple Leaf coins with a face value of 100$ OR 200$, you're technically not importing gold, your bringing in foreign currency.

( and have to step onto my soap box for a moment: Having a few ounces is nice as an emergency hedge... but I pity the person who gives up growth and dividends to hold onto a bag of shiny rocks.)

Many pages to read, but a command in Texas has an interesting postal method for us, but he could FedEx or DHL ship it to You in LoS..I called

Tom at American gold exchange..AGE.Com

They are in Austin TX, but their commission is so low, they don't take credit cards. Gotta get the cash or money orders to them.

Beautiful web site..I bought the Indian Head 1/2 ounce numismatic coins..made a ton! (Cause it's so pretty)

Aloha

Edited by KonaRain

Hua Heng Seng have an outlet in United Building, Silom - opposite Bangkok Christian Hospital. Very good. I recommend 96.5% as this is the gold standard in Thailand and easily traded. Also recommend the not so beautiful bars as they only have a spread of 50 Baht money per one baht weight (about 15.2g). Very discreet place.

It's a real dilemma, money (the FIAT currency) as we know it will

soonish disappear, so gold is predicted to be worth close to $5 000

an ounce in the near future, we should all be buying gold ingots as

it will keep appreciating but from experience as per my mother and

other people we know in Europe, have been attacked, killed and

butchered for their gold, it's a real dilemma as what to do.

Myself now have sold and own no gold.

PS; The cheapest place to buy gold is India

think of your security

If fiat currency were to disappear what would you use for $5,000 per once?

If fiat currency has we know it, along with the entire world economic system, were to disappear, gold will be worthless. Weapons, lots and lots of very big weapons will be what you will need to stay on top. Everyone else will be slaves to the ones that have the very big weapons.

Go ahead and buy gold as speculation, but as a hedge against the collapse of fiat currency is ridiculous. Who are going to sell it to? To buy what? If you think the world will just suddenly go back to the gold standard way of doing business, that is just ignorant.

TH

think of your security

If fiat currency has we know it, along with the entire world economic system, were to disappear, gold will be worthless. Weapons, lots and lots of very big weapons will be what you will need to stay on top. Everyone else will be slaves to the ones that have the very big weapons.

Go ahead and buy gold as speculation, but as a hedge against the collapse of fiat currency is ridiculous. Who are going to sell it to? To buy what? If you think the world will just suddenly go back to the gold standard way of doing business, that is just ignorant.

TH

thaihome, thank you, I agree with you. Anyone who thinks fiat currencies are going to disappear has got rocks in their head.

think of your security

TH

thaihome, thank you, I agree with you. Anyone who thinks fiat currencies are going to disappear has got rocks in their head.

That can't be, most of the farangs that I meet in Thailand say that gold is the only real money. And not many of them are schizophrenics., mostly they are retired Navy Seals, MI5, and captains of industry.

funny how over the past few years anyone who mentioned gold price manipulation was instantly labelled a conspiracy theoristwhistling.gif

Deutsche Bank Admits It Rigged Gold Prices, Agrees To Expose Other Manipulatorsohmy.png

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-14/first-silver-now-gold-deutsche-bank-admits-it-also-rigged-gold-prices-legal-settleme

Did they manipulate it in both directions, up when it went to $1900 and down when it went to $1100, or was it a one-way trade?

No, said the shop in HK will sell bullion coins. But DO NOT ship any bullion to Thailand! Bringing in legal tender coins on your person is fine however.

I have read this twice on 2 different threads now, both written by you. On the other thread you said you will be taxed in the country you are taking it to.

I can confirm I took a small bit of Thai bullion out of Thailand without any problems. I can also confirm that when I entered Australia I was not taxed on anything.

Are you talking about big quantities? Or are you including 1 and 2 baht bullion pieces?

What if I was to bring that small piece of bullion back to Thailand (I bought it there)? How could they tax something that I bought there in the first place?

Not trying to be obnoxious, I'm just trying to get the facts right, thanks.

I thought gold in thailand was 96.5% gold and not 99.9%!

If you have a receipt for it, what reason could they use to legally steal it?

Hua Heng Seng have an outlet in United Building, Silom - opposite Bangkok Christian Hospital. Very good. I recommend 96.5% as this is the gold standard in Thailand and easily traded. Also recommend the not so beautiful bars as they only have a spread of 50 Baht money per one baht weight (about 15.2g). Very discreet place.

If it's the building I'm thinking off, they also have a safe deposit box company on the 4th or 5th floor so probably less risky than carrying kilos of gold around town...

PM me for gold for sale, brought back 5 1oz Credit Suisse Bars and need to sell, can send photos, also have some thai bullion coins for sale bought at euresee auction in BKK.

1 1 OZ (31.1g) .999 Credit Suisse Bar- $45,000 baht

All 5 for $200K

Make an offer on the Thai Silver Coins and British Straights Settlements if interested.

post-187534-0-46128500-1461164137_thumb.

post-187534-0-56656800-1461164153_thumb.

No, said the shop in HK will sell bullion coins. But DO NOT ship any bullion to Thailand! Bringing in legal tender coins on your person is fine however.

I have read this twice on 2 different threads now, both written by you. On the other thread you said you will be taxed in the country you are taking it to.

I can confirm I took a small bit of Thai bullion out of Thailand without any problems. I can also confirm that when I entered Australia I was not taxed on anything.

Are you talking about big quantities? Or are you including 1 and 2 baht bullion pieces?

What if I was to bring that small piece of bullion back to Thailand (I bought it there)? How could they tax something that I bought there in the first place?

Not trying to be obnoxious, I'm just trying to get the facts right, thanks.

Yes, most countries CAN charge duty on bullion bars. Did you tell customs at Aus that you had bullion on you? If you did and they said thats fine don't worry about it, I would be shocked. If you did not declare it and they found it, you could be in asked to pay duty on it. Thailand is the same, unless its legal tender coins. Customs will not care that you SAY you bought it in Thailand. The fact would be that they have you with it, bringing it in. You really want to fight with them? You will not win. You will be charged duty on it.

I don't deal with small 1 or 2 baht pieces, so can not say for sure. But I have been stopped with a few hundred Canadian Maples by customs and was sent on my way without paying any duty. I don't think the same would happen if I had large bars on my person.

You can find all the info online from the customs websites, so I suggest you look there if you want confirmation of what country can charge you what.

And this is about bringing in on your person. If you have it mailed or shipped, then you will for sure be asked to pay duty, I promise you that.

I did not tell Aus customs that I had bullion on me. On the import/declaration card there is no requirement to do so.

From what I understand we can bring in any gold up to the value of $900 AUD (total duty free limit) without question. 1 baht of Thai gold is under that so that is ok.

Then they have these 'investment grade" rules for bullion. It says "Gold bars or coins 0.995 or more fine and silver bars or coins 0.999 or more fine are deemed to be ‘investment grade’ and are exempt from GST."

and also says "There is no Australian tax or duty on the import or export of so-called investment grade gold and silver items as per Australian Taxation Office (ATO) definitions."

Source: http://preciousmetaltax.com/australia-taxation-of-gold-and-silver/

Then we have the $10,000 currency and "monetary instruments" rules.

So putting all this together it means that if I really wanted to bring in large amounts of gold bullion from Thailand then it needs to be 99.5% or higher gold. This is not the case with Thai gold generally, my bullion was 96.5%. I would have to make an extra effort to find the higher grade of gold in order to bring large quantities into Australia tax free.

I am a new and small gold investor. I come to Thailand regularly and my aim was to bring 1 or 2 baht gold bullion back with me to Aust. every trip. If prices were to go north a fair bit I was hoping to bring that bullion back to Thailand and sell it back to Aurora where I bought it. The problem is what you have said, that I would be taxed on an already Thai taxed product that I had purchased previously. I have receipts and all.

By the way, I had no problems with scanners or xray machines taking this bullion out of Thailand. But in KL where I had to change planes I had to go through security screening again and it came up and I was asked what it was. I told them it is Thai Gold and I bought it in Thailand and I have the receipt, they let it through without further question. On the Aust. side no problems, they were more concerned about plant material and food coming in.

Thanks for your help. So in the future, lets say I have 5 baht worth of bullion at home and the POG went up and I wanted to sell it back in Thailand, what are my options?

The reason I mentioned American gold exchange website is the first time I clicked on it I bought the silver bullion coins.

The second time I bought the Indian Chief 1/2 ounce gold coin from 1920's.

It did appreciate. The coins appear so pretty on the monitor. .seriously. .

Alohz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/6/2016 at 9:14 PM, IAMHERE said:

Blatant disinformation.

Please check your facts before posting