In the near future I want to buy gold bullion, preferable 99.9%.

So I'm looking for information about where to buy, what the fees are and which are trustable companies.

I am aware of Ausiris, but the English part of their website are only blank pages, so I went already to their offices in Pattaya.

Nobody, including the manager, spoke any understandable English. Nobody could explain to me what the fees are for buy or sell, even not a brochure, which i think is very strange.

The only English language brochure they had was about promotions, but again no mention about fees, and I can't help it to think when I'm offered promotions on a commodity that I'm scammed in the first place. The promotion itself was a joke anyway, as the offered 35 Baht discount if you purchased 5 Baht of gold.

So if anyone could give me some info about a reputable company where to buy and what the standard fees are, or maybe some English info about Ausiris, I may consider them again. However I don't feel comfortable to do business concerning large amounts of money when the other party doesn't speak a language I can understand.

I'm not an native English speaker myself by the way.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been looking at purchasing some gold recently. After googling for a while and reading between the lines, I have come to the decision that long term, one needs to buy actual physical gold as opposed to a document that says you own some. In the short term I would feel comfortable with paper ownership, however, when national debts finally do hit the fan.........

I have been looking at purchasing some gold recently. After googling for a while and reading between the lines, I have come to the decision that long term, one needs to buy actual physical gold as opposed to a document that says you own some. In the short term I would feel comfortable with paper ownership, however, when national debts finally do hit the fan.........

Last time I checked gold bullion was physical gold.

Since you're looking to buy bullion in Thailand, why not simply go for the Thai gold? If not mistaken, it's 96.5% as opposed to 99.6%. But it's very easy to get and just as easy to sell again when needed. Prices of Thai gold fluctuate with the world price of gold.

I thought gold in thailand was 96.5% gold and not 99.9%!

Gold bullion is available in both grades

Since you're looking to buy bullion in Thailand, why not simply go for the Thai gold? If not mistaken, it's 96.5% as opposed to 99.6%. But it's very easy to get and just as easy to sell again when needed. Prices of Thai gold fluctuate with the world price of gold.

I prefer 99.9% because that one will be certified buy a international institution, while the 96.5% will be certified by a Thai institution. Thai gold is easier to sell in Thailand, but in other parts of the world they will prefer 99.9%

Last time I checked gold bullion was physical gold.

Ouch..........

I have bought some 99.99% Ausiris gold bars in the past directly in a standard gold shop and also sold it later on in another gold shop without any problems. There was only very minimal margin (both when buying and selling, about 300 THB for 1 Baht bullion, if I remember well)

I prefer 99.9% because that one will be certified buy a international institution, while the 96.5% will be certified by a Thai institution. Thai gold is easier to sell in Thailand, but in other parts of the world they will prefer 99.9%

Is that a problem ? How are you going to get it out of Thailand and into another country?

Are you willing to take a chance with metal detectors at airports ?

Sure a couple of coins , but say a 100 to 250 gr bar... that is real money to lose.

Is that a problem ? How are you going to get it out of Thailand and into another country?

Sure a couple of coins , but say a 100 to 250 gr bar... that is real money to lose.

Aren't you allowed to take gold with you?

I saw some of the Philharmonic gold coins I believe out of Austria they are 99.9. Not much in the way of bullion with that content here. Again when in Rome deal in what the Romans deal in. You can PM me and I will tell you where. I believe that gold coins carry a higher premium than bars.

I saw some of the Philharmonic gold coins I believe out of Austria they are 99.9. Not much in the way of bullion with that content here. Again when in Rome deal in what the Romans deal in. You can PM me and I will tell you where. I believe that gold coins carry a higher premium than bars.

I'm definitely not interested in coins, only bullion, but if you have info about bullion I suggest you post it here so the info will be useful to other also.

If it is legit then it shouldn't be a secret.

A bit of juwelry , sure , but bullion bars not or not without proper documentation , depending on which country.

A bit of juwelry , sure , but bullion bars not or not without proper documentation , depending on which country.

That's why I opened this thread, to find a reputable trader, who sell bullion certified by an accredited international institution so my paperwork should always be in order.

The movement of gold are controlled just like the movement of money, because gold is money (real money). You can obtain an export permit to take it out. If you bring gold in from the outside you must obtain an import permit and pay 7% VAT on it. If you don't do it you can't take it out legally again.

The best place to go is China town in BKK. Thai gold are well known in the gold community, world wide. So if you have 96,5% Thai gold you will be able to trade it anywhere in the world. They test the purity and you get paid pro rata. Everywhere in the world you get 24 carat gold or 22 carat or 9 carat etc (it's the same as a percentage 99,9% or 96,5%).

Just Google where is the best place to buy gold in BKK and you will get addresses at names.

The movement of gold are controlled just like the movement of money, because gold is money (real money). You can obtain an export permit to take it out. If you bring gold in from the outside you must obtain an import permit and pay 7% VAT on it. If you don't do it you can't take it out legally again.

The best place to go is China town in BKK. Thai gold are well known in the gold community, world wide. So if you have 96,5% Thai gold you will be able to trade it anywhere in the world. They test the purity and you get paid pro rata. Everywhere in the world you get 24 carat gold or 22 carat or 9 carat etc (it's the same as a percentage 99,9% or 96,5%).

Just Google where is the best place to buy gold in BKK and you will get addresses at names.

How does this work with gold purchased here, as I don't have an import license for that one obviously, so do I have to take certain precautions to be able to export it if needed?

The money I will use has come officially into the country and sits currently in an FCD.

Probably the best known, longest established gold trader is Hua Seng Heng on Yaowarat Rd in Bangkok.

If you want to buy gold in any serious quantity in Thailand with the expectation that you'll eventually sell it again in Thailand, then this shop is the gold standard (pun intended), but any of the larger gold shops especially in China Town (or elsewhere in Thailand) are equally reliable and trustworthy. I've bought and sold gold bullion at Thong Dee in Pattaya over the years. Totally reliable, trustworthy, honest, etc.

If you want to buy gold bullion in quantity with the intention of taking it back to your home country. Rather than carting it about with you and facing inevitable import/export issues, why not buy it on your next visit home and store it in a safe place like a bank safe deposit box.

Someone else asked about exporting gold bullion from Thailand and there was no definitive answer, but it obviously sounds like a potential hassle.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/647366-flying-with-gold-bars-out-of-the-country/

It's a real dilemma, money (the FIAT currency) as we know it will

soonish disappear, so gold is predicted to be worth close to $5 000

an ounce in the near future, we should all be buying gold ingots as

it will keep appreciating but from experience as per my mother and

other people we know in Europe, have been attacked, killed and

butchered for their gold, it's a real dilemma as what to do.

Myself now have sold and own no gold.

PS; The cheapest place to buy gold is India

think of your security

If you intend to buy, hold and sell in Thailand then 24k gold (99.99%) is not such a good idea. If you get 23k gold (96.5%) you can sell it anywhere, specially if you buy in China town. You can safely buy in any of the gold shops there with complete confidence. You will not be sold a fake there because however much you buy it will be a minor amount to them (unless you're talking about 3 or 4 figure kilogram numbers) and not worth the problems selling fake would be.

All gold shops will buy their own 23k gold back usually with no testing, you might find it a little less easy to sell in a different shop specifically because they will probably be flash heating your bar (or jewellery) to 1,000 degrees C to ensure that it is not fake (that temperature will have no effect on a real gold item)

The difference between the buying price and selling price for bars is 100฿ Per 1 baht weight (15.24grams) so you can make a profit in 1 day or less, this mornings price gets you a profit from yesterday of .0072% or 150฿ Per baht. Of course you can also make a loss.

A good website is http://www.goldpricethai.com

Carrying significant amounts of gold internationally even if you have the correct paperwork is not something I would ever want to do, as you can guarantee that every customs inspector and police force will be extremely interested in you, your reason for having it and why you're carrying it. Also I think that there a not a large number of countries where you can sell for a reasonable price even if it is 24k not to mention the tax that can be imposed

It's a real dilemma, money (the FIAT currency) as we know it will

soonish disappear, so gold is predicted to be worth close to $5 000

an ounce in the near future, we should all be buying gold ingots as

it will keep appreciating but from experience as per my mother and

other people we know in Europe, have been attacked, killed and

butchered for their gold, it's a real dilemma as what to do.

Myself now have sold and own no gold.

PS; The cheapest place to buy gold is India

think of your security

Are you sure about that? The import duty rate for importing Gold bar 100 grams into India is 10%

the UAE is better 0% tax

Just about any Big C or Tesco Lotus in any city here will have Thai bullion shops, 96.5% for sale. Don't expect to make a profit on it unless there is substantial movement in the gold price. The price per baht for buyback is usually 1000 baht less than their selling price. I buy gold as a hedge, not an investment. I have no intention of taking it overseas because I would get dudded on resale. Plus of course all the paperwork. You can hire a small safe deposit box at a bank.

Just about any Big C or Tesco Lotus in any city here will have Thai bullion shops, 96.5% for sale. Don't expect to make a profit on it unless there is substantial movement in the gold price. The price per baht for buyback is usually 1000 baht less than their selling price. I buy gold as a hedge, not an investment. I have no intention of taking it overseas because I would get dudded on resale. Plus of course all the paperwork. You can hire a small safe deposit box at a bank.

Sorry totally wrong on price.

For gold bars you are 10 times too high. And if you aren't buying to show off then that's what you buy.

The safe deposit box at a bank is a good idea and we have had one for a few years, though there's often a waiting list for them.

Probably the best known, longest established gold trader is Hua Seng Heng on Yaowarat Rd in Bangkok.

If you want to buy gold in any serious quantity in Thailand with the expectation that you'll eventually sell it again in Thailand, then this shop is the gold standard (pun intended), but any of the larger gold shops especially in China Town (or elsewhere in Thailand) are equally reliable and trustworthy. I've bought and sold gold bullion at Thong Dee in Pattaya over the years. Totally reliable, trustworthy, honest, etc.

If you want to buy gold bullion in quantity with the intention of taking it back to your home country. Rather than carting it about with you and facing inevitable import/export issues, why not buy it on your next visit home and store it in a safe place like a bank safe deposit box.

Someone else asked about exporting gold bullion from Thailand and there was no definitive answer, but it obviously sounds like a potential hassle.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/647366-flying-with-gold-bars-out-of-the-country/

The reason I don't buy in my home country is that it will involve higher fees, higher tax and higher everything else.Other then that I live here and have for that reason, and that I don't trust the nanny state with my savings anymore, moved my assets to Thailand.

I have no intention to take it out of Thailand, but I want to be prepared for every possible scenario.

Where is Thong Dee located in Pattaya?

If you intend to buy, hold and sell in Thailand then 24k gold (99.99%) is not such a good idea. If you get 23k gold (96.5%) you can sell it anywhere, specially if you buy in China town. You can safely buy in any of the gold shops there with complete confidence. You will not be sold a fake there because however much you buy it will be a minor amount to them (unless you're talking about 3 or 4 figure kilogram numbers) and not worth the problems selling fake would be.

All gold shops will buy their own 23k gold back usually with no testing, you might find it a little less easy to sell in a different shop specifically because they will probably be flash heating your bar (or jewellery) to 1,000 degrees C to ensure that it is not fake (that temperature will have no effect on a real gold item)

The difference between the buying price and selling price for bars is 100฿ Per 1 baht weight (15.24grams) so you can make a profit in 1 day or less, this mornings price gets you a profit from yesterday of .0072% or 150฿ Per baht. Of course you can also make a loss.

Carrying significant amounts of gold internationally even if you have the correct paperwork is not something I would ever want to do, as you can guarantee that every customs inspector and police force will be extremely interested in you, your reason for having it and why you're carrying it. Also I think that there a not a large number of countries where you can sell for a reasonable price even if it is 24k not to mention the tax that can be imposed

I don't really understand why 99.9% is not such a good idea, I would think the purer the better.

My interests are not in buying and selling in the short term, though of course when necessary it needs to be possible to be sold on short notice.

I'm also not so much interested in the spread, rather then the fees that are involved. How much premium you pay on the official price when you buy and when you sell?

Any reliable addresses in the Chonburi Province?

I don't really understand why 99.9% is not such a good idea, I would think the purer the better.

My interests are not in buying and selling in the short term, though of course when necessary it needs to be possible to be sold on short notice.

I'm also not so much interested in the spread, rather then the fees that are involved. How much premium you pay on the official price when you buy and when you sell?

Any reliable addresses in the Chonburi Province?

There are no fees involved, the "spread " as you call it is, as I said 100 baht per 1 baht, this morning if you buy then you pay 20,600 x the number of baht weight you buy. If you sell you get 20,500 per baht weight you sell.

If a shop ever asks for a fee for gold bars then run away they are trying to rip you off.

If you are buying jewellery then there is a "negotiable" fee added for making.

The reason that 23k is better is that that is what everyone buys so the shops have it virtually nobody buys 24k so that is a special order. Some shops will only sell 24k in 1kg bars. You may well find selling 24k as difficult as buying it will be.

The prices you will see outside the shops are always for 23k

Further information.

Do buy some different sizes of bar usually you can get 5 baht and 10 baht bars without much problem, we haven't got any bigger ones so I can't comment on the sizes available.

The reason to get a few smaller sizes is that if you only need 100,000 baht and the price is down from your purchase price you loose less buy selling a 5 baht bar and get enough cash.

For news about GOLD...go to King World News...people with years of experience trading gold give their studied opinion on the present state of Precious Metals...

For real time price updates on your computer go to Kitco.com (download KCAST)

I have used several on-line dealers...my favorite is JMBullion...their metals are very competitively priced and may include free shipping...

Buying silver in volume presents a problem with bulk...however...silver is forecast to become many multiples of present prices when fiat (paper) money tanks...

You can not go wrong preserving a portion of your wealth by purchasing precious metals...

CAUTION...Do not display your metals or tell anyone that you have purchased metals or where they are stored...they just may mysteriously disappear...

Good Luck!

For news about GOLD...go to King World News...people with years of experience trading gold give their studied opinion on the present state of Precious Metals...

I have used several on-line dealers...my favorite is JMBullion...their metals are very competitively priced and may include free shipping...

Buying silver in volume presents a problem with bulk...however...silver is forecast to become many multiples of present prices when fiat (paper) money tanks...

You can not go wrong preserving a portion of your wealth by purchasing precious metals...

CAUTION...Do not display your metals or tell anyone that you have purchased metals or where they are stored...they just may mysteriously disappear...

Good Luck!

You realize thatyou're on a Thai forum?

Because all the companies you mention are based abroad, and JMBullion doesn't ship, free or otherwise, outside the US.

Good Luck!

While the places you mention maybe reputable neither is Thai focused, the metals dealer is in the U.S. or the contact number is and the price website doesn't have a Thai gold price or if it does it isn't easy to find.

Have you bought gold online shipped to a Thai address? It sounds like coals to Newcastle to me.

Good Luck!

While the places you mention maybe reputable neither is Thai focused, the metals dealer is in the U.S. or the contact number is and the price website doesn't have a Thai gold price or if it does it isn't easy to find.

Have you bought gold online shipped to a Thai address? It sounds like coals to Newcastle to me.

I have bought Aurora Gold in Thailand...

Some online dealers will store your gold...or send it to a gold storage facility of your choice (One such facility is in Singapore)...I am not sure how they handle shipping gold to a residential address out of country...but they do ship gold to home addresses in country...

The news about the direction of money, gold, economies, and commodities...are important to most people who hold precious metals...

Archived