Porsche exonerated in Paul Walker, Roger Rodas crash

webfact

Porsche exonerated in Paul Walker, Roger Rodas crash

606x341_329164.jpg

LOS ANGELES: -- A judge has dismissed a lawsuit claiming Porsche was responsible for crash that killed fast and furious actor Paul Walker and his friend Roger Rodas.

In May 2014, Rodas’ widow, Kristine Rodas, filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the car company, claiming the vehicle lacked crucial safety features.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-04-06

Driving too fast killed him.....

He was driving the car......the car was not driving him.....

That´s why he bought himself a Porsche, to go real fast....He could have bought an American car but hey they are not fast and good.

What safety features were missing anyway?

Fuel cells ?

Auto fire extinguisher system ?

I assume Porsche build in every conceivable safety feature, in their top models at least.

I remember she was arguing about some part was not able to stand the impact of the crash which was total nonsense

He was not driving the car.

No he wasn't driving it, nor was his mate, the thing was out of control, clearly they lacked the skills to drive it effectively.

What a misguided law suit, clearly it's the person who planted the tree the car collided with was at fault. Fancy planting a tree.

Re-file law suit and try again . Doh !

...........rumor has it.....'somebody/somebodies wanted him dead'.......

..........remote control....something....something.....

....didn't it happen to a prominent banker just the other day as well........

...hard to know what to believe these days.....as.......anything is possible......

This case shows the americans are a bunch of sueing idiots, they are just jealous because they can't build something like that in the usa.

And when will they pay for ALL the damage of the last crisis which they caused by selling bad loans to their friends in Europe?

It is because of these stupid law suits that In the sales of airplanes and fast cars ,the manufacturer increases the price to include their lawyers fighting this type of suite.Also many times ignorant jurors award the suite to the complainant.just out of hatred of the manufacturer or because of sympathy to the one suing.

This case shows the americans are a bunch of sueing idiots, they are just jealous because they can't build something like that in the usa.

And when will they pay for ALL the damage of the last crisis which they caused by selling bad loans to their friends in Europe?

BUT, they could buy the Porsche brand, although they would probably ruin it.

Edited by KamalaRider

Yea, really. Those bumbling Americans,, what do they know? That car they drove on the moon 50 years ago was a slow piece of crap.

What safety features were missing anyway?

Fuel cells ?

Auto fire extinguisher system ?

I assume Porsche build in every conceivable safety feature, in their top models at least.

Their safety features are superb in every model but put it in the hands of an idiot and yes they can crash

No he wasn't driving it, nor was his mate, the thing was out of control, clearly they lacked the skills to drive it effectively.

What a misguided law suit, clearly it's the person who planted the tree the car collided with was at fault. Fancy planting a tree.

For that particular model of car Porsche strongly advise that the owner is taught how to handle it on the Porsche test track. He didnt bother and got killed

BUT, they could buy the Porsche brand, although they would probably ruin it.

If they paid for ALL the damage they caused by selling those bad loans to Europe they would be totally bankrupt. Nothing to buy for them after that.

They better buy a Corvette since they can't handle a Porsche.

For that particular model of car Porsche strongly advise that the owner is taught how to handle it on the Porsche test track. He didnt bother and got killed

Yep.

Fools.

They thought they were in the movie set for "fast and foolish" & now they are pushing daisies.

Roger Rodas who was driving the vehicle raced a Porsche GT3 in the Pirelli Driver's Cup, he won twice in 2012.

I doubt a few laps at the Porsche test centre would have prevented this accident.

For the price of an equivalent Euro (so called) supercar, I can buy a silver Corvette, a blue Viper, and a house with a 2 car garage to keep them in.

With the money left over, I could buy a 4x4 pickup truck and a boat to haul behind it. I'd have to park them outside, though.

I'd say we have the better proposition.

...........rumor has it.....'somebody/somebodies wanted him dead'.......

..........remote control....something....something.....

....didn't it happen to a prominent banker just the other day as well........

...hard to know what to believe these days.....as.......anything is possible......

Hard to know what to believe.

Setting up a remote control of the exclusive Carrera GT indicates that Porsche Co. probably was in on it too. Interesting. Porsche did inspect the wrecked car and only reported driver error... of course. Case closed. Brilliant. I'll bet if you look into it there is probably a trail of mysteriously dead, local PorscheGT mechanics. The cover up.

....or it could have been an accident in the ultra wicked, tail happy, fastest street legal Porsche ever made.

Yea, really. Those bumbling Americans,, what do they know? That car they drove on the moon 50 years ago was a slow piece of crap.

Yup... You put a man on the moon but still can't fix stoopid!

Oh lawdy, the idiot brigade is out in full force. Never seen such bitter judgmental people, especially considering those being judgmental are completely clueless about that which they speak.

It is a CGT, not a GT3. I purchased a late production number (1025 black/teracota) new in 2005. Flipped it for profit to purchase a one off blue an owner of a dealership in Connecticut had that was a close racing buddy.

I have raced Porsches since the early 80s and started racing karts in grade school during the late 70s. The CGT is a handful and can be extremely twitchy in certain situations. Ben Keaton was my first close friend to have lost his life in his CGT at California Speedway. Porsche accepted some responsibility in a settlement related to that incident that was not Ben's fault.

All CGTs are "second hand" in that production was limited in 2004 and 2005. Used examples are only fetching around $800k. The dude asking $2mm is a bit of a wierdo that has a one off paint to sample car that has virtually never been driven.

RE: Roger Rodas

I knew Roger well from racing and considered him a friend. Only met Paul a few times and Roger was racing one of his Mustangs that last year if I remember correctly.

Roger was a very accomplished racer, a super talented driver and an all around great guy that did a lot of charity work. There is no reason to be so judgmental, especially about two very good individuals that contributed so much to society and those less fortunate.

RE: wrecked CGT

The red CGT that was crashed was not significantly modded as someone above suggested. The only mod I am aware of was an exhaust and I know the guys pretty well that did the last service on that car before it was purchased and wrecked.

The CGT has about 600hp, which really is not that much by today's' standards. Many cars, including luxury sedans commonly have similar ho and much more torque as the CGT was not forced induction.

There are no nannies or electronic safety nets on the CGT. The car is twitchy and especially prone to throttle oversteer. Roger was extremely capable and something happened beyond his control to lose it in that manner. There was indications at the scene that steering fluid may have leaked or failed, the tires were old and I think the reflectors in the road may have impacted traction or unsettled the car. Limits are easy to feel feel for someone with Roger's experience.

This was a sad situation and grieving family members have their way of dealing with things. Roger left a gorgeous and sweet wife and two young children behind. Paul's daughter still has a claim against Porsche and perhaps the fuel cel construction and location is viable. Paul was still alive when the car caught fire. Many Ferraris and exotic cars have split at bulkheads due to even greater speeds and have not erupted in fire.

Oh lawdy, the idiot brigade is out in full force. Never seen such bitter judgmental people, especially considering those being judgmental are completely clueless about that which they speak.

It is a CGT, not a GT3. I purchased a late production number (1025 black/teracota) new in 2005. Flipped it for profit to purchase a one off blue an owner of a dealership in Connecticut had that was a close racing buddy.

I have raced Porsches since the early 80s and started racing karts in grade school during the late 70s. The CGT is a handful and can be extremely twitchy in certain situations. Ben Keaton was my first close friend to have lost his life in his CGT at California Speedway. Porsche accepted some responsibility in a settlement related to that incident that was not Ben's fault.

All CGTs are "second hand" in that production was limited in 2004 and 2005. Used examples are only fetching around $800k. The dude asking $2mm is a bit of a wierdo that has a one off paint to sample car that has virtually never been driven.

RE: Roger Rodas

I knew Roger well from racing and considered him a friend. Only met Paul a few times and Roger was racing one of his Mustangs that last year if I remember correctly.

Roger was a very accomplished racer, a super talented driver and an all around great guy that did a lot of charity work. There is no reason to be so judgmental, especially about two very good individuals that contributed so much to society and those less fortunate.

RE: wrecked CGT

The red CGT that was crashed was not significantly modded as someone above suggested. The only mod I am aware of was an exhaust and I know the guys pretty well that did the last service on that car before it was purchased and wrecked.

The CGT has about 600hp, which really is not that much by today's' standards. Many cars, including luxury sedans commonly have similar ho and much more torque as the CGT was not forced induction.

There are no nannies or electronic safety nets on the CGT. The car is twitchy and especially prone to throttle oversteer. Roger was extremely capable and something happened beyond his control to lose it in that manner. There was indications at the scene that steering fluid may have leaked or failed, the tires were old and I think the reflectors in the road may have impacted traction or unsettled the car. Limits are easy to feel feel for someone with Roger's experience.

This was a sad situation and grieving family members have their way of dealing with things. Roger left a gorgeous and sweet wife and two young children behind. Paul's daughter still has a claim against Porsche and perhaps the fuel cel construction and location is viable. Paul was still alive when the car caught fire. Many Ferraris and exotic cars have split at bulkheads due to even greater speeds and have not erupted in fire.

So as Iam the only person to have mentioned GT3 in this thread I can only assume it is I you are calling an idiot.

If you may can you please go back to my post where I mention GT3 and actually read what I wrote. Not in any way shape or form was I implying that the crashed vehicle was a GT3.

For the price of an equivalent Euro (so called) supercar, I can buy a silver Corvette, a blue Viper, and a house with a 2 car garage to keep them in.

With the money left over, I could buy a 4x4 pickup truck and a boat to haul behind it. I'd have to park them outside, though.

I'd say we have the better proposition.

Yup, a house in Phoenix like in Property Wars on discovery channel, made of plywood.

A car made of plastic and a Corvette which is all show, not a racingcar.

A rubberboat and an old Jeep, yes i agree you can buy them all.

But a Porsche or Ferrari is something different, i never see those american sportscar in Thailand though, can't they stand the heat or what?