miscalculation, what shoud I do

Arrived in Thailand with a SETV on 03/04/16 whch I hope to extend for 30 days. I have my flight out booked for 01/07/16. On arrival my departure card is stamped with the date 01/06/16 now if I extend it should mean us ( famliy of four) leaving on 30/06/16 not 01/07/16 which is when I have my flight.

Q. when I extend should I say I am leaving on 01/07/16

Q Can I pay an overstay fine if I go over by one day.

Hope this makes sense

There is no space on the application form to put what day you are leaving. Also no need to tell them.

If leaving from either airport in Bangkok you will not be charged the 500 baht fine for one day of overstay.

• Like 1

Your calculations a ok.

If you are 'admitted until' June 1st then day 1 of your 30 day extension will be June 2nd, which makes July 1st day 30. So as long as you leave before midnight on the 1st there will be no overstay.

Your calculations a ok.

If you are 'admitted until' June 1st then day 1 of your 30 day extension will be June 2nd, which makes July 1st day 30. So as long as you leave before midnight on the 1st there will be no overstay.

Thank you very much, my husband and kids were having a laugh at me because I couldn't count my days/night when I am a numeracy tutorsmile.png

I can rest easy now

Plum

Your calculations a ok.

Thank you very much, my husband and kids were having a laugh at me because I couldn't count my days/night when I am a numeracy tutorsmile.png

I can rest easy now

Plum

"I couldn't count my days/night"

The problem most people have is that they add 60 or 30 to the day they arrive. You are given the day you arrive plus 59 or 29 more days to reach the total of 60 or 30.

• Like 1