Harbor Mall. Now that it's open...

NanLaew

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

The animals are back at Harbor mall if any one is interested....

Walked all through the mall...Not too many empty store fronts....

I guess the mall is doing ok,but not any thanks to farangs..

Me and a few other farangs were about the only ones in the

whole mall today about 2PM.....

8 minutes ago, johng said:

is the ice skating rink open yet ?

what animals are back pokemon ,minions ,dinosaurs ?

Sheep,Goats,Ponies,Snakes,Owls,Cats,Dogs ect

Did not notice the Ice Skate Rink open...

Edited by fforest1

On 9/3/2016 at 6:13 PM, balo said:

Harbor will never die , despite what the doomsayers are telling you. 

Every time I've been there lately the mall has been virtually deserted, even in the week between Christmas and New Year. The Supermarket is no longer open 24 hours and closes at 10 pm.

I'm pretty sure a lot of retailers are hurting there. All the biggies such as Watsons, Boots, Black Canyon are deserted, whereas the same at Central Mall are always pumping.

Just so you know, I'm not one of those anti-mall members who is wishing them to fail... 

Big C (near the beach) looks nice after the renovations and that opened just before Christmas. They have a very nice food court which is a bit more up-market than Central Mall on Beach Road. That could also be hurting Harbor Mall.

Edited by tropo

I agree, it looks worse now , it's a big mall and the family activities in the top floor attracts a lot of Thai families , but downstairs not a lot of business . 

Edited by balo

Hopefully they will see a business uptick when the tunnel construction is completed since the stretch from the Third Road junction to Sukhumvit sees a lot less passing road traffic at the moment (tour buses don't count). It is a decent alternative source for tech stuff, toys and groceries as well as having large, quiet coffee and lunch outlets with the benefit of good parking. Certainly could be a first stop for darksiders if/when they ever complete the Soi Siam Country Club's east-end minefield.

• 1 month later...

Seems busy enough today.

In the Kidzoona play area with daughter and friends watching the staff run a game of musical chairs and blasting out 'I'm a trumpsta <deleted>' on their portable PA thingy.

Edit: TV automatically deletes the last word of the song but it is not a nice one!

I was there a few weeks ago:

-- No sign of a skating rink (but I did see a children's play area)

-- No sign of fitness first (not even a sign of a sign) -- I'm thinking they may not be going there after all?

-- It was a bit quiet but otherwise nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like more stores have shuttered beyond what was arguably called standard 'retail churn' earlier in this thread. However, I still think that once the Sukhumvit tunnel is completed and there's a better flow of traffic each-way past their ample parking that things may improve. It's location may be a bonus in regard to being the easiest place to hit first coming from the dark side and beyond or last place to hit going to the dark side... and beyond.

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Looks like more stores have shuttered beyond what was arguably called standard 'retail churn' earlier in this thread. However, I still think that once the Sukhumvit tunnel is completed and there's a better flow of traffic each-way past their ample parking that things may improve. It's location may be a bonus in regard to being the easiest place to hit first coming from the dark side and beyond or last place to hit going to the dark side... and beyond.

They have finally arranged undercover motorcycle parking, in the carpark. Yay!!!!

25 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Farangs just dont go to this mall hardly at all.....

I guess they are waiting for the ice-skating rink...

If you want a quieter place to dine and have a coffee, it's ideal.

9 hours ago, NanLaew said:

When the tunnel is finished and Pattaya Klang is

opened up 100%,    the flow of cars turning right into this mall

will create a fantastic traffic jam in Klang. 2 cars wide.

making pattaya Klang 1 lane wide. at best.

Imagine if there  was no traffic lights at the Big-C extra turning. !!!!

That is what Harbour mall will be like.

Edited by onemorechang

3 hours ago, onemorechang said:

If it ever gets that busy, there's absolutely nothing to stop the city fathers inserting... a traffic light!

To be more realistic, there's likely to be more traffic interference from the BiB's currently ill-placed motorbike helmet check point east-bound up near the Sukhumvit junction.

I know it's hard but do try and stay positive.

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If it ever gets that busy, there's absolutely nothing to stop the city fathers inserting... a traffic light!

To be more realistic, there's likely to be more traffic interference from the BiB's currently ill-placed motorbike helmet check point east-bound up near the Sukhumvit junction.

I know it's hard but do try and stay positive.

Nah

One more set of lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh no

It's one more traffic jam  on the horizon.

If you wish to be positive about Thailand's roads,     maybe have a look here.

its all the positive i need for one day

over to you.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/971314-online-appeal-to-help-russian-kids-in-coma-following-pattaya-accident/

Edited by onemorechang

4 hours ago, onemorechang said:

We better enjoy going there while we can then.:smile:

13 minutes ago, johng said:

there are 2 that I know of in Pattaya  and one has been blocked off so its a semi roundabout

this one still works as it should.

With respect, that roundabout is terrible.  It's too small for the 2 lanes to go around it properly, so right at that roundabout, you've got to merge with the other lane.  Quite dangerous especially if there is a bus.

Add to that local drivers have no idea how these things work.  It's basically a free for all! LOL